947 Cycle Challenge 2019

Neville Bailey

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

R540 for Black Friday special. 

R432 with 20% discount on this years price of R540.

Go to register for the race, once you have logged in there is a 20% discount code shown before you make payment, use the code and you will pay R432.

Have done it myself earlier this morning

I paid R432 on the black friday special a few hours ago.

Ok must be looking at early bird special then. 

I paid R432 on the black friday special a few hours ago.

Oh crap. I just paid R540 x2 - didn't notice the voucher code :(

serves me right for trying to multitask and not reading all the info when paying....

Edited by ridr

Thanks for all the hard work, this is super. Was interesting to see how it has evolved!

What I can add is that you cannot think today that they used some of the roads used in the earlier editions. I actually rode my first in 2002 and cannot imagine that we went through some of the places. In that time witkoppen was still a single lane road. Quite nostalgic to think of it now.

In 2004 I rode elites and we did an extended route, looking at the map now I think we continued straight with Witkoppen up until Hendrik Potgieter, then went accross to the N14 and merged with the normal route on the N14. I know there was a break that got away 20 km in already and by the time we did the extra bit, everyone was just riding to finish, as the break was 10 min ahead.

I remember that extended route, not that I rode i. I do remember that it turned left onto the N14 while the normal route turned right.

20% off the early bird special mtb one too. In my infinite wisdom I've decided to do both. Enjoyed the mtb one previously and I have some hills on the 947 that are unfinished business as in would like to ride at more than a snail pace up them.

• 9 months later...

20% off the early bird special mtb one too. In my infinite wisdom I've decided to do both. Enjoyed the mtb one previously and I have some hills on the 947 that are unfinished business as in would like to ride at more than a snail pace up them.

New  events company with 947 now. Wonder if they will honour the entries that were paid already last year?

Maybe my  Black Friday savings was not such a saving after all :D   I have pretty much written those paid entries off in my mind. 

Edited by Red Robin

New  events company with 947 now. Wonder if they will honour the entries that were paid already last year?

Maybe my  Black Friday savings was not such a saving after all :D   I have pretty much written those paid entries off in my mind. 

I am sure they will offer you a deferment until next years race or a refund.

However, a fun and ‘not-so-virtual’ event, which complies with all Covid-19 safety regulations in place at the time, will be held on 15 November, Cycle Challenge Sunday, to keep morale high. 

Anybody heard any rumors what this is about?

Edited by Prince

However, a fun and ‘not-so-virtual’ event, which complies with all Covid-19 safety regulations in place at the time, will be held on 15 November, Cycle Challenge Sunday, to keep morale high. 

probably along the lines of some of the other "events" that have recently been held.

Pay us R300, ride the 94.7 km where ever you want but on the right day.

probably along the lines of some of the other "events" that have recently been held.

Pay us R300, ride the 94.7 km where ever you want but on the right day.

Phew

Quite happy abt this!!  Been doing endurance the whole winter.  I had to step it up to interval sessions in Sept to be ready to race.  Now I can go back to LSD rides!!!!

Get ready for intervals at Cradle  :devil:  :w00t:

If the Cape Town Marathon is any thing to go by with the “not so virtual” statement, arrangements will be made with certain Woolworths to provide refreshment stations and you will have to plan a route around those stores to make use of the facility.

Edited by Nadhim

Found this on the Faces Instagram page. Still no word on what's going to happen to our entry fees we've paid.

post-6889-0-40882600-1599281770_thumb.jpg