XT m8100/SLX m7100

Grootgert

My entire SLX m675 2×10 drivetrain on my Trance is due for replacement due to wear. While I am at it, I may as well upgrade. I recently got a new 2019 frame on a warranty claim, so it will be worth my while.

Does anybody know when the XT 8100 or SLX 7100 1×12 upgrade kits will become available locally?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My entire SLX m675 2×10 drivetrain on my Trance is due for replacement due to wear. While I am at it, I may as well upgrade. I recently got a new 2019 frame on a warranty claim, so it will be worth my while.

Does anybody know when the XT 8100 or SLX 7100 1×12 upgrade kits will become available locally?

8100 upgrade kits already available from us...

Thanks Naas! I will check it out now. Depending on the price, I may prefer to go 7100. Any idea when to expect that?

What wheels do you have?

Are they upgrade able to Shimano Microspline ?  i.e. DT Swiss hub ?

Or

Will you go E-Thirteen 9-50 cassette (with Sram XD) ?

Or

Will you go Sunrace 11-50 which fits on a std Shimano freehub ?

Also check that if you are using your current wheels on the new frame that they are compatible (Boost spacing etc)

What wheels do you have?

Are they upgrade able to Shimano Microspline ? i.e. DT Swiss hub ?

Or

Or

Also check that if you are using your current wheels on the new frame that they are compatible (Boost spacing etc)

When Giant replaced my frame I had to upgrade the rear hub to boost. The rest of the questions I cannot answer. That is the reason why I am reluctant to buy online. I would prefer to go to my local shop and get them to order the correct stuff from their suppliers and fit it for me. The local shops say these components are not yet available to them through their suppliers. That was the real reason for my enquiry. I can still wait a while though... Edited by Grootgert

What wheels do you have?

Are they upgrade able to Shimano Microspline ?  i.e. DT Swiss hub ?

Or

Or

You forgot to add any SRAM 12 speed cassette to this list as well...

You forgot to add any SRAM 12 speed cassette to this list as well...

Naas, forgive my ignorance. I didn't see any XT 1x 12 speed cranksets on the site. There was a XT 1x 11 speed though. Would it make any difference, is a 1x 32 crankset compatable with 11 speed and 12 speed?

Naas, forgive my ignorance. I didn't see any XT 1x 12 speed cranksets on the site. There was a XT 1x 11 speed though. Would it make any difference, is a 1x 32 crankset compatable with 11 speed and 12 speed?

Yes the XT 11 speed chainrings is 100% compatible with other 1 x 12 cassettes/chains.  New 12 speed crankset  is available - chainrings will be loaded later today.

https://www.evobikes.co.za/components/cranksets/shimano-xt-fc-m8100-1-12-speed-crank-without-chainring-175mm.html

XT 12 speed chain however only compatible with XT 12 speed chainrings and XT 12 speed cassette...

I would go 1x11 with a 50t cog. The 12 is great but I can't recall wanting that extra gear. And being a big guy... Maybe a x11 will be better. More pin material to wear through than the x12.