Stuff you learn(t) the hard way by being your own mechanic

anybody seen george?

In a few years it might all be wireless (at least for top end specs), so problem solved :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, MrJacques said:

Yes. Would probably be a little more difficult to do with an alu frame.

Revved frame cable management. | Mountain Bike Reviews Forum

That's quite tidy. Canyon had a similar thing where all the cables clipped in to the cover over the down tube that was an absolute pigdog to work with.

On 3/6/2024 at 2:44 PM, droo said:

Leave it out in the sun for an hour, that should do the job.

I'd be remiss not to report back. I left the deflated wheel in the sun for half an hour and it came off with some gentle persuasion. I managed to peel it off and flip the tube and reinflate in under 10 minutes. 

can I say I'm STOKED? :D

Thanks

16 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I'd be remiss not to report back. I left the deflated wheel in the sun for half an hour and it came off with some gentle persuasion. I managed to peel it off and flip the tube and reinflate in under 10 minutes. 

can I say I'm STOKED? :D

Thanks

I think the biggest achievement in that whole story was finding half an hour of sun to leave it in.

Glad you got it sorted.

On 3/7/2024 at 10:10 AM, David Marshall said:

You may have to tape closed some of the other holes to get good suction

That's what she said.

On 3/6/2024 at 4:51 AM, RobertWhitehead said:

I've learnt that I feel like a poephol regardless of the tyre width every time I do that 😂. Sometimes the feeling is so bad that I pretend to not notice my mistake until the new owner points it out and offers to fix it :oops::whistling:

Did exactly that last night on the 4th tyre I fitted.... I made the neighbours blush with my choice of language.

• 1 month later...

Never assume the handlebar width markings are correct or even the same on either side of a handlebar. Just checked my 3 Burgtec bars and all 3 had different centre to outside edge measurements in spite of all being cut to the indicated 780mm

Edited by thebob