Trail Wolf, Wolwespruit, Pretoria

+ Ryperd +

A big shout-out to Shaun at Trail Wolf. I took my Giant Anthem there for a wash & lube, and upon collecting the bike I started talking to Shaun.

I expressed my desire to own a Pyga. He said "let me have a look" and come back with an offer I could not refuse. As it worked out their Pyga Stage max demo model was available for sale, but it will be fitted with brand new frame. We talked numbers, I was tempted, we talked more, they phone the Bike market for trade-in value on my Giant, and we talked some more. I went home, and WhatsApp Shaun. "I will see you tomorrow" I said to him (which is today  :blush: ). 

This morning I run late. Shaun contacted me to follow up and make new arrangements. When I arrived at the shop the bike was already set-up according to my measurements (which I had on an old email from prior setup at another shop way back in 2014). Everything still bolted to the old frame. Shaun "Herman, go ride your bike this weekend and come back Monday. Tell me if all felt good or not. Then we will rebuild all and do a proper setup if needed." 

WHAT! I can take the bike as is and ride it the weekend and then return it? WOW!

I visited a few shops this last two weeks as I wanted to buy a new bike. Most shops were ok'ish. Helpful and polite. BUT THEY ALL WANTED TO SELL ME SOMETHING RIGHT THERE ON THE SPOT. It was more of a "what do you want" than a "what is your need and preference" approach from most. Trying to rush me to swipe the card. 

I did not experience this at Trail Wolf. Shaun's 1st offer to me was to take the demo for the weekend and decide if I want it. Because I knew I wanted a Pyga, I was the one who wanted numbers. Even now, after I said "Yes, I'll take it" Shaun still enquires if I am satisfied, and reassures me that if something is not correct, that they will sort it. All this, after I paid already! 

I think I found my LBS :clap:  :clap: 

PS: now to improve my fitness and skills so that I can push the limits of self and bike. :blink:

Good to hear that there's still a Bike Shop out there willing to help and not just make a sale. I have not been to Trailwolf in like ages, maybe I should pop by again, my bike does need a fine tune  :clap:

The restaurant at Wolwe I rate as one of the top 3 best places in Pretoria.  The steaks are the best!!!

The beer is also not bad at all.

Shaun is a good friend of mine. And yes, he is one of the good guys.   :thumbup:

The restaurant at Wolwe I rate as one of the top 3 best places in Pretoria.  The steaks are the best!!!

The beer is also not bad at all.

Shaun is a good friend of mine. And yes, he is one of the good guys.   :thumbup:

Good place to take the kids as well, big open space for them to play themselves tired on a Sunday afternoon....

Great shop and great people!

I was looking at a Pyga or Trek, after being completely ignored by the staff at cycles on Lynnwood 3 times I took a drive to Trail wolf and also walked out with a great deal on Pyga.

A big shout-out to Shaun at Trail Wolf. I took my Giant Anthem there for a wash & lube, and upon collecting the bike I started talking to Shaun.

I expressed my desire to own a Pyga. He said "let me have a look" and come back with an offer I could not refuse. As it worked out their Pyga Stage max demo model was available for sale, but it will be fitted with brand new frame. We talked numbers, I was tempted, we talked more, they phone the Bike market for trade-in value on my Giant, and we talked some more. I went home, and WhatsApp Shaun. "I will see you tomorrow" I said to him (which is today  :blush: ). 

This morning I run late. Shaun contacted me to follow up and make new arrangements. When I arrived at the shop the bike was already set-up according to my measurements (which I had on an old email from prior setup at another shop way back in 2014). Everything still bolted to the old frame. Shaun "Herman, go ride your bike this weekend and come back Monday. Tell me if all felt good or not. Then we will rebuild all and do a proper setup if needed." 

WHAT! I can take the bike as is and ride it the weekend and then return it? WOW!

I visited a few shops this last two weeks as I wanted to buy a new bike. Most shops were ok'ish. Helpful and polite. BUT THEY ALL WANTED TO SELL ME SOMETHING RIGHT THERE ON THE SPOT. It was more of a "what do you want" than a "what is your need and preference" approach from most. Trying to rush me to swipe the card. 

I did not experience this at Trail Wolf. Shaun's 1st offer to me was to take the demo for the weekend and decide if I want it. Because I knew I wanted a Pyga, I was the one who wanted numbers. Even now, after I said "Yes, I'll take it" Shaun still enquires if I am satisfied, and reassures me that if something is not correct, that they will sort it. All this, after I paid already! 

I think I found my LBS :clap:  :clap: 

PS: now to improve my fitness and skills so that I can push the limits of self and bike. :blink:

+1 The best bike shop experience I have had in Pretoria. They give genuine advice, and don't sell you something you don't want/need. Super jealous re the Pyga, what did you get if for if I may be so bold :). I would love to buy one of the alu trail bike frames when they come out. But, will probably have to save for a few years.

Super jealous re the Pyga, what did you get if for if I may be so bold :)

R55 000 on the demo. Some scuff marks, but nothing serious.

I always get good service from Andre & team at Trailwolf- always helpful! Best LBS ????????