NX deraileur wheel came off

Koningkv

Hi guys, have any of you had experience of the top deraileur wheel screw come loose on a SRAM NX 12 speed? My wife's came out after less than 500km on a new bike. You can even still see the loctite on the thread.

Comparing it to my deraileur, there is basically not a single mm extra on the screw. It barely goes in.

Any similar experiences?

Hi guys, have any of you had experience of the top deraileur wheel screw come loose on a SRAM NX 12 speed? My wife's came out after less than 500km on a new bike. You can even still see the loctite on the thread.

Comparing it to my deraileur, there is basically not a single mm extra on the screw. It barely goes in.

Any similar experiences?

Yeah... sorry it seems to be a common problem throughout all eagle derailleurs

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/181650-sram-eagle-nx-rant-rave/?fromsearch=1

Same happened to me, had to replace my whole derailleur so it was an expensive mishap.

Apparently an issue on the GX as well so not sure if even upgrading to that will help

Any similar experiences?

My XO Eagle broke the side plate's thread out - if you look at a new one you might see you have lost threads on the side plate - I had just enough to (after finding the pulley) put it together to last the 50km to get back to service mid epic - cost us about 20 minutes.

Replaced with new and so far good.

Well-known issue with GX Eagle too. 

Mine did exactly the same and was "repaired" (i.e. replaced) free of charge by SRAM (I only had to pay courier fees).  Speak to your LBS and ask about a possible warranty claim - my derailleur was about 6 months' old when it went boom.

+1 warranty claim.

When my pulley fell out the inner cage hit a rock which bent the hanger and main unit as well. Chaos... it was serviced two days prior to that incident so the LBS thought it was their fault. They tried to fix it, but it did not work properly so then did a warranty claim.

I'm not trying to bash SRAM or any SRAM riders but this does not sit too well in my opinion. I mean this crap is quite expensive and not even to mention the lost time revenue if it happens during a race. I'm starting to get the feeling that SRAM tried to beat Shimano to the 12 speed gravy train and are now having to replace the equipment left right and center  

+1 broken GX derailleur, less than a year old. Cape Cycles would not warranty it as I bent one of the plates slightly to untangle the chain.

Is this only an issue with the Eagle range? I have a nx 1x11 groupo that I have not installed yet, wondering if I should get a replacement...

Not an issue with 11 afaik.

Any similar experiences?

Replace it with XT or SLX for some piece of mind.