Hydration Backpack opinions

VirenB

Any indication of the import duties when buying uswe from chainreaction cycles or Uswe directly?

On Uswe international site, they deliver to RSA using FedEx for 100 us dollars in total. Any risks going this route, apart from import taxes?

Edited by W@nted

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got 2x Camelbak Mules for sale (they are a bit bigger for all day affairs in the mountains and they need to go so am happy to let them bothe gor for the price of one (R1100) if anyone needs 2 . Check my classifeid account...

22 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

I bought my uswe locally a while back. Someone advertised on here, think they were in tableview area. 

Ace sports perhaps? They have the best price locally, but I have no experience buying from them.

13 minutes ago, Dan Dob said:

I've got 2x Camelbak Mules for sale (they are a bit bigger for all day affairs in the mountains and they need to go so am happy to let them bothe gor for the price of one (R1100) if anyone needs 2 . Check my classifeid account...

Shameless plug...... Also, is that profile picture still 'street legal'?

hahaha

Buy these from Dan, you will be buying something from a Podium finisher of one of the most prestigious MTB Enduro races in the world!

52 minutes ago, W@nted said:

Ace sports perhaps? They have the best price locally, but I have no experience buying from them.

It is possible. It was a few years ago, and they delivered c.o.d at the time

On 1/30/2022 at 11:51 AM, Steady Spin said:

Still use my (now ancient) Dakine 3l pack for bike days out or rides where I take my Canon with 70-200 lens with for some riding photos. 

It is normally stuffed with snacks, spares, and pads strapped to it. 

For 30km or less a Camelbak Repack 1.5l with a OneUp pump, some spares, and a chocolate bar does the trick. Surprising amount of space in this guy. Fidlock 500ml helps if I know its hot and i’ll take some electrolytes in there  

Short rides I have a 500ml Fidlock bottle with water. 

Hydration packs do get hot and sweaty on your back but they stay in place when the trail gets rough and wheels leave the ground often. 

Hip packs are cooler but do need adjusting as the bladder empties. They bounce on rough trails a little but you get used to it. 

I have  Dakine Drafter which costs R500 on special a few years back. Been bomb proof but sadly not available here anymore. Anything Camelbak is usually excellent though.

1 hour ago, Kevlouw said:

I've been using my running vest for cycling, Works just as well as the standard hydration packs. Up to 3L bladder in the back plus 2x 500ml soft flask bottles in the front. Has pockets for keys, cellphone etc. In my opinion, it has a better snug fit than a cycling hydration pack.

Cheaper options are available at Decathlon

https://www.decathlon.co.za/?prod_en[query]=running vest 

Super impressed with my Decathlon running vest. Works like a dream. 

2 hours ago, Kevlouw said:

I've been using my running vest for cycling, Works just as well as the standard hydration packs. Up to 3L bladder in the back plus 2x 500ml soft flask bottles in the front. Has pockets for keys, cellphone etc. In my opinion, it has a better snug fit than a cycling hydration pack.

Cheaper options are available at Decathlon

https://www.decathlon.co.za/?prod_en[query]=running vest 

Once you buy a proper running vest your will never go back to a camelback or old school pack.