2020 Tour de France

pista

What is missing is the combined Jersey. That's the one that looked like a hastily cobbled together jersey from offcuts from the other Jerseys. Cant remember when last that jersey was used in LeTour. I reckon Teddy would be wearing it today if it was still part of the show

similar to the one at the Vuelta?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Bahrain just looking for TV time or is Landa honestly thinking of making an unlikely '2 min' move

He is aiming for a podium spot today, so no not 2min but some time.

And yes TV too McLaren are pulling their funding at the end of the season

Edited by Gen

Clawing back the time on the leaders up the road, could be down to 1min30 by the time the GC guys reach this summit.

Opens the door for Pog to claim bonus seconds and get within pouncing distance of Roglic by the end of this stage...

Looking forward to that bike path!

Your first sentence, is that summit the first one or the finish? 

The stage yes, but not the first summit.

I'm not 100% sure if there are time bonuses on offer today, based on the official rules:

ARTICLE 25 | TIME BONUSES Time bonuses are awarded at the end of every road stage and, therefore, not in the individual or team time trial. The first three riders receive 10, 6 and 4 seconds, respectively. Time bonuses, known as Bonus Points, are awarded on passes or the summit of hills at key locations on the route. There is 8 Bonus Points distribute in the 2nd, 6th, 8th, 9th, 12th, 13th, 16th, and 18th stages. The bonuses awarded are 8, 5 and 2 seconds to the first three riders classified.

What is missing is the combined Jersey. That's the one that looked like a hastily cobbled together jersey from offcuts from the other Jerseys. Cant remember when last that jersey was used in LeTour. I reckon Teddy would be wearing it today if it was still part of the show

The combined jersey was in the 80s (last used in '89).

The UCI limit 4 official jerseys per Grand Tour, even though the Vuelta has a jersey for just about every rider (okay, that's an exaggeration, but they have quite a few unofficial).

2.6.018 Leader’s jersey of the race and distinctive signs

On the basis of the classifications, only 4 leader’s jerseys of the race can be issued in events of the UCI WorldTour and continental circuits of classes HC and 1 for the men elite and under 23, and a maximum of 6 jerseys in other events.

Only the leader's jersey for the individual general classification by time is compulsory. The leader of each classification, except the team classification, shall be required to wear the corresponding distinctive jersey. If a rider is leading more than one classification, the order of priority of the distinctive jerseys shall be as follows:

1. general classification by time;

2. general classification by points;

3. general climber's classification;

4. others (young rider, combined, etc.);

the order of priority among these other jerseys shall be set by the organiser.

Edited by Frosty

Up to 24% at altitude ahead, good luck to these guys.

It could be below sea level it wouldn't make 24% any easier. If okes don't have to get off and push I don't know...

I mean thats steeper than the end kicker at Strade Bianchi isn't it?!

Edit: sorry - Bianche, not the bike  :ph34r:

Edited by Chris_

It could be below sea level it wouldn't make 24% any easier. If okes don't have to get off and push I don't know...

I mean thats steeper than the end kicker at Strade Bianchi isn't it?!

Edit: sorry - Bianche, not the bike :ph34r:

It’s just having to deal with that gradient and the lack of oxygen, so yeah like being underwater [emoji1]

JV must be happy with the work Bahrain are putting in. I think they did too much too soon but we’ll see.

Think maybe its has been to prevent jumbo from setting a pace that is too high to attack?

In the words of Phil & Paul, "if the race were to end now...the cut off would be about 43 minutes (39.1km/h average)".

Sam & Caleb are 12 mins behind, so they should make it, but the few at the back of the pack are 20 mins down, so might not make it.

36-30 for some today apparently.

Ha I was just about to type here wondering if anyone was rocking the Froome 32 tooth rear today