2020 Tour de France

pista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

World champ age 24 (I think)... says it all really.

If he had stayed at the wolf pack I reckon he would have had a few more classics and monuments in the bag as well as a fair few stage wins.

He is still 30.... Plenty left in those legs!

Would love to see that he gets given the opportunity to give it a go. Although I reckon he may need to move to a team that'll give him the chance, not sure that he'll get that at Ineos.

Hirschi loses his front wheel on a corner. Ouch. 

No concussion test, just up onto the bike and chase.

I don't recall him hitting his head but if he did I hope that they do a concussion test as soon as possible after the stage.

I was about to say Hirschi should stop and put his feet up, have a snack, and wait for this other group. But he should be able to make up some lost ground on this climb. Hopefully.

Green Jersey group at 23mins back from the leaders should be slightly concerned. Still the HC to get over.

What is the rule if a big enough group don’t make the cut off?

Not that I’m suggesting they won’t.

Excellent racing my Landismo, today and yesterday. As the ice hockey legend in Gretzky was quoted 'You miss all the shots you don't take'.

This gravel segment brings another set of challenges as it is loose surface, requires more torque and can lead to punctures. The maillot jaune looks masterful in his defence of yellow. The race for the podium is alive and well, phew.

I wish that I can ride like Carapaz in week 3. What a bike racer. What superb servant duties by Kawasaki. 

Pic by K Ramon

2020-tour-de-france-stage-17-kramon-2-12

Edited by 'Dale

Porte pushing on the best he can with a flat

Looks like he'll be losing fourth to Landa today. Can't fault his tenacity though in trying to limit the damage.

I am rather conflicted as to who should win today between Carapaz and Kwaito. I have given my reasons for why I wouldn't mind seeing Kwaito but let's not forget the wonderful efforts that Carapaz has put in especially since Ineos lost Bernal. Both deserve it though, that's what makes it so hard to choose. I hope that Ineos let them race it. I reckon Kwaito has it in him to beat Carapaz in a sprint. 

What is the rule if a big enough group don’t make the cut off?

Not that I’m suggesting they won’t.

They are eliminated, subject to the race commissaire’s discretion. If they miss it by a few minutes, like one year, they might make a concession otherwise it’s goodbye.

At 36km/h average the cut off is about 41 mins. Current gap to the back of the pack is 28 mins.