2020 Tour de France

pista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the end of yesterdays stage just now. Putting a gravel section pretty much at the end of the tour is a fairly d**k move by the route planners.. Better chance of getting a puncture when there is almost no time to make it up. Sies.

The moment over the finish line for the two winners was nice though.

That's one way to look at it. I view it from the perspective of it being an added technical and logistics challenge. Its a high risk area so they who are prepared will prevail. teams had plenty of time to plan

Postal Burger out with a bee sting in the mouth. Thats way worse than some gravel section.

Epic 2016 I got stung in the head ,ears, mouth and neck. Pretty much ended my event for me. I have some experience of what he's going through. Highly unpleasant

Epic 2016 I got stung in the head ,ears, mouth and neck. Pretty much ended my event for me. I have some experience of what he's going through. Highly unpleasant

I'm no medical expert but aren't the medicines used to reduce the swelling banned so a bee/wasp sting is almost a certain DNF for a UCI rider?

Vaughters comes to mind....

I'm no medical expert but aren't the medicines used to reduce the swelling banned so a bee/wasp sting is almost a certain DNF for a UCI rider?

Not sure didn't ask. Was too sick to think about that

16 strings puts a lot into you

Edited by DieselnDust

Hello, fans of this crazy and beautiful sport!

Seeing Kawasaki with his first Grand Tour victory yesterday was sweet indeed. It's actually unbelievable to think. There are two kinds of riders that I love to see winning - those in the break and those eternal servants that seldom get the opportunity to taste glory.

Meanwhile, Bradley Wiggins have been critisizing his former team and, specifically, Brailsford, for his team selection. Brailsford have responded to it like a water off a duck's back. However, I enjoyed this quote on Cyclingnews:

“We’ve won it seven times in eight years and every now and then you need a kick in the balls and that’s what we’re getting right now,”

The Boss is the latest reference to Roglic who looks like he barely breaths and maintains a stoic face even in the toughest of moments. The time trial tomorrow will be an intense affair up the ski station. if my memory serves me well, then the TT goes through Pinot's hometown.

So, without a doubt, Hirschi is the revelation of the Tour, hey. It would've been fascinating to see him take on Carapaz for the polka dot jersey as he was pipping him for points just before his eina high speed slide. He must be wearing 4 kgs of sports bandaging on him today, so we are unlikely to see him fly up the gradients.

The fresh approach to racing was definitely brought to the race by Team Sunweb. It appears that not focusing on the Grand Tour (after Dumoulin's injury-crippling season of 2019) have freed up the team to chase other racing goals. 

Pic by Jered Gruber

2020-tour-de-france-stage-18-grubers-4-1

Edited by 'Dale

Not all of them.

Postal Burger out with a bee sting in the mouth. Thats way worse than some gravel section.

if only he'd been wearing a mask... :ph34r: - i think that's an appropriate emoticon

He had an anaphylactic reaction and was taken to hospital..he is okay now

Being a pro cyclist and allergic to bee stings must be a pretty worrisome combo.

I remember being around when someone drank from a tin of coke which had a bee inside it. He was allergic, it was very scary.

Being a pro cyclist and allergic to bee stings must be a pretty worrisome combo.

I remember being around when someone drank from a tin of coke which had a bee inside it. He was allergic, it was very scary.

Scary

joh that's really bad. Obviously highly allergic

Yeah.. sometimes these allergies can also sneak up on you..

Just as long as he is okay...stupid damn bee.