2020 Tour de France

pista

What a come back in the final sprint for Lizzy Deignhan in La Course to overhaul Vos with a great timed throw at the line. Voss looked about too much but Bourghini played the team mate perfectly to open a doomed sprint a long way out to get Lizzy off the front on the run-in and make everyone else open up.

Not a great course this year but way better than the roll around Paris and bring on the 2020 stage race.

Yeah a classic on the line win. Was a good appetizer for this afternoon and the next 22 days!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah a classic on the line win. Was a good appetizer for this afternoon and the next 22 days!

Was a big nailed on as a small bunch sprint from the moment the course was release. I thought Voss had it in the bag but that acceleration in the final few meters by Lizzy was impressive. Nice to see a team with 2 riders in the final selection use them really well especially to correct a bad position and force the hands of the rest. Some guys teams have been very guilty of screwing up that benefit with hilarious result in the past. Voss is monster strong in the sprints so to make her go long was simple to plan but hard to get such an experienced warrior to actually bite. 

Count down to the guys... Caleb, DeMare, Sam B or will Jumbo look to give Wout a shot for yellow before he slips into team duties today? Should be fun. 

Edited by Dirt Tracker

Was a big nailed on as a small bunch sprint from the moment the course was release. I thought Voss had it in the bag but that acceleration in the final few meters by Lizzy was impressive. Nice to see a team with 2 riders in the final selection use them really well especially to correct a bad position and force the hands of the rest. Some guys teams have been very guilty of screwing up that benefit with hilarious result in the past. Voss is monster strong in the sprints so to make her go long was simple to plan but hard to get such an experienced warrior to actually bite.

Count down to the guys... Caleb, DeMare, Sam B or will Jumbo look to give Wout a shot for yellow before he slips into team duties today? Should be fun.

It's going to be an exciting opening stage regardless of the result. I got a feeling that Sagan could be a potential winner today as well. A lot also depends on how hard the teams with sprinters are willing to work because the two cat 3 climbs could help a strong breakaway be in the hunt for a win.

Agree with you about La Course and how well Trek Segafredo used their numbers. ELB really dug deep to give Lizzy such a good shot at taking Vos down. That Lizzy had the legs was fantastic for the race that always delivers a dramatic one. Also thought that Demi Vollering had a fantastic race and to try and get the best result she could when others might've settled for sixth also says a lot about her attitude.

Km 0 enjoy!!

And GCN are steaming live from the word go. Great. Breakaway already formed nice and early with 3 out front at 1'10". Oddly the TV producer wants to focus on the local Vultures for a very long time as Sean Kelly gets up to speed in the commentary box. 

Holy sheebles that Vital rider in the break has one of most awkward looking positions on a bike I've seen in a while!

Sam goes down, nooooooo.

Lots of time to get back hopefully.

Seemed like a few NTT boys were involved as well. Sam didn't seem to stressed about the whole thing.