2020 Tour de France

pista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aggressive but suppose it’s valid

Watching the Tour presentation now made me think of you, best of luck to you and the team, I hope it’s a successful campaign for you

Woods leaving probably the reason.

So is popular view on the Interwebs ... but still seems pathetic c.f. TJ who has been out the back on a regular basis as of late.

Watching the Tour presentation now made me think of you, best of luck to you and the team, I hope it’s a successful campaign for you

Thanks bud, it's all getting real now. 

he 2020 Tour de France, scheduled to start in Nice on Saturday, is edging closer to collapse after the Alpes-Maritimes region, site of the opening stages of the race, was placed on red alert owing to the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/aug/27/tour-de-france-in-doubt-after-covid-red-alert-issued-before-grand-depart-in-nice

Edited by Dirt Tracker

So is popular view on the Interwebs ... but still seems pathetic c.f. TJ who has been out the back on a regular basis as of late.

TJ has failed so many times. His most successful has been when he’s shipped time early and stayed in the tour instead of leaving and gone stage hunting. He is just not a GC guy. In fact he’s never been despite how much a US media want him to be.

Rusty is a real breath of fresh air. He’s intelligent and super positive with a background outside of the peloton. I hope he can shine at his new team and get a chance with EF at the giro or Vuelta.

Edited by Dirt Tracker

TJ has failed so many times. His most successful has been when he’s shipped time early and stayed in the tour instead of leaving and gone stage hunting. He is just not a GC guy. In fact he’s never been despite how much a US media want him to be.

He did show promise in his whippersnapper days at BMC, even usurping Cadel at times. He also  did well back home winning a few big races or stages thereof.

What happened thereafter, he just seemed to have not lived up to expectations. Look kudos to him for achieving what he has, but what is he bringing to the EF team for the Tour? Woods might well have been able to pull up front for the Colombians or even a stage, but TJ whats he gonna do?  Or am I missing something....