Relocating to Durbanville

Rob_Lions

For 54k of tough MTB riding

Start at Contermans - over to Hoogekraal and add the Welvergenoegd and Faircape loops, back to contermans for super tubes and cheeky corners, coffee at the dairy shed. 

About 1500m ascent and at least 6 or 7 really fantastic descents.

PM me for gate codes :ph34r: 

just kidding!!!. my in-laws live right at the top of majik/bloemendal so I sometimes 'sneak' in at the top gate by the power station and pay at Biosport and go my merry way instead of going around via Altydgedacht/d D'aria by road lol. I go home this way too.

Edited by morneS555

WELCOME Rob

The trails allows for all types of riding !

From pump tracks for the kids, to very mild beginner trails, and many more trails for those that want some distance and/or technical sections.

Contermanskloof - drive there with your car, enjoy the trail, then enjoy something at the Dairyshed.  Cyclists only, so a nice vibe.

Bloemendal - nice central spot, linking to many of the other trails, with a wide variety of trails on the farm it self.  BioSport has a decent "tuck-shop", with cold beers.  BonAmi restaurant is an option, though not popular with the cyclists ...

Meerendal - nice trails !  Carlucci sees a LOT of cyclists !!  Full restaurant.  (just be patient, this is not a fast food outlet.....)  Next door, still on the farm, CROWN is a more upmarket restaurant.  Both offers a perfect place if you have friends along for the day, that dont want to cycle.  They can have a coffee while have fun on the trails.  My wife LOVES this place !!

For "real cycling" .... cycle from your house.  Get onto the trails close to where you stay, use the linking trails between the farms - open to members only.  And map out your route for the day.  From my house to Meerendal, trails, Traverse to Bloemendal, some more linking trails, and a final section back home gives me a solid 52km ride for the morning.  My more typical Sunday morning solo ride is just over 30km, including the most scenic routes !!  :thumbup:   :clap:

How do you connect meerendal to bloemendal ? Through conties or you have another way? Coz we usually do Bloemies/conties/meerendal then back to bloemies by the road but it's always the *** part (and no, doingt that horrible mast climb twice isn't an option :D)

Edited by Jbr

How do you connect meerendal to bloemendal ? Through conties or you have another way? Coz we usually do Bloemies/conties/meerendal then back to bloemies by the road but it's always the *** part (and no, doingt that horrible mast climb twice isn't an option :D)

Jip ... TAR .... Bloemendal, down into Durbanville, UP Odendaal, then Traverse.

Then again, 13km tar from my house to get to Bloemendal ....  Thats why I only do this early on Sunday mornings.  Traffic is just too hectic any other time.  For rest we drive to Bloemendal or Meerendal, and ride from there.