[Event] 2020 Imbuko Big Five MTB Challenge

Gravel Travel Events

Listen, I have done some toughies in past, but this one remains firmly in 1st place.

Well done to each who finished, regardless of time or position.

Got to agree, the organisation was VERY good. Route marking on point, water points stocked with all you need and ICE,  great post and pre race vibes, and stunning setting and scenery out there.

Grateful for the good weather vs last year though !

Think I might skip my ride tomorrow the way my legs are feeling now  :whistling:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never rode last year but i was praising the weather gods for perfect conditions today even just considering heat at trailseeker last week...

Edited by babse

Bummed my race lasted all but 6kms after my freewheel body packed up. Some bush Mechanics needed to avoid the long walk to freedom.

Got to spend all Morning at the awesome venue ????????????????????????

Wow, what an incredible route! Breathtaking views, literally, amazing singletrack, tough as hell.

Agreed, the waterpoints were stocked with all the food, energy drink and ice water you could want. Excellent organisation.

Did a lot better this year than last, which was a great feeling. Much better pacing this year, so I finished much fresher, if I can use that word. The camaraderie between riders was also great, I gotta say. It was a great vibe all around.

But heck its tough hey, definitely a main contender for toughest single day of racing in SA. Well done to all who finished.

Excellent route and event, will put this on my calendar for next year. One of the best hard 1 days out there at the moment!

Bummed my race lasted all but 6kms after my freewheel body packed up. Some bush Mechanics needed to avoid the long walk to freedom.

Got to spend all Morning at the awesome venue

Ouch thats pretty crap!  :thumbdown:  

But you made up for it on Sunday morning

Ouch thats pretty crap!  :thumbdown:  

But you made up for it on Sunday morning

Well Sunday was even more disappointing than Saturday was.

I was on one of the Moto's the elites were flying up that first climb!!!!!! Anybody doing the Epic.. Save some pennies for this stage.

klass coverage!!!

anyone doing epic should be out of pennies before they even start the event  ;)