Pyga Pascoe140 Re-Spray

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So ripping off ChristiaanSt is one thing, but this frame in the day light is really really well sprayed and finished off.

Well done.

BTW, with the user name ChristiaanSt (The St stands for Slow Trail rider)

So obviously the current paint had to be removed first...

I wanted to take it in to get Hydro Blasted but the can of paint stripper in my garage was calling me and I just didnt have the patience to wait till Monday. Also, I want to see what the paint stripper will do to the current paint and if it is a case of just "rubbing off" the old paint.

Don't be fooled friends. The old paint DOES NOT RUB OFF!!!

So with my feet full of paint stripper and hand burning all over I managed to get to this after 2 days of paint stripping (I did have a kiddies party in between and in-laws visiting so it was short bursts of scraping every so often)

attachicon.gifStripped pyga.jpg

What primer did you use on the raw aluminium?

And was the spray and clear coat the 2k spray with hardener?

Busy rebuilding a Giant Reign and the raw frame is looking for a fresh new color scheme.

Your spray projects is looking good btw.

Edited by Otero

What primer did you use on the raw aluminium?

And was the spray and clear coat the 2k spray with hardener?

Busy rebuilding a Giant Reign and the raw frame is looking for a fresh new color scheme.

Your spray projects is looking good btw.

Thank you!

So I used the Rustoleum flat black primer after sanding and cleaning the frame with iso alcohol.

The green is 2k spray but no hardener. Clearcoat is 2k with hardener

Just note, the cans they put the 2k in has a adjustable nozzle on it. so you can turn the nozzle to get a different spray. Standard it sprays a straight line vertically, like a spray gun would. And first just spray off the frame somewhere to get it going.

So ripping off ChristiaanSt is one thing, but this frame in the day light is really really well sprayed and finished off.

Well done.

BTW, with the user name ChristiaanSt (The St stands for Slow Trail rider)

I might be slow but at least I get out there....  :D

Thx

Edited by ChristiaanSt

Thank you!

So I used the Rustoleum flat black primer after sanding and cleaning the frame with iso alcohol.

The green is 2k spray but no hardener. Clearcoat is 2k with hardener

Just note, the cans they put the 2k in has a adjustable nozzle on it. so you can turn the nozzle to get a different spray. Standard it sprays a straight line vertically, like a spray gun would. And first just spray off the frame somewhere to get it going.

Thanx bud. Will give it a go :thumbup:

Then finally there is the badge that goes on the front of the headtube....

The standard one looks like this :

post-126320-0-57597200-1575464878_thumb.jpg

So I challenged the old man (who makes knives as a hobby) to make me a new one. I told him what I had in mind and he went ahead and started.

First he forged some steel to make a fresh sheet of damascus steel:

post-126320-0-42516700-1575464971_thumb.jpg

Then he made the "P" out of brass and added it to the damascus.

The last pic I got from him was this one: He has not sent me a pic of the final product yet, as he is bringing it through on Saturday so it can be mounted. You will have to wait till after the weekend to see it.

post-126320-0-08278000-1575465086_thumb.jpg

Bike has been built and tested already and all is good. This weekend will see the badge being fitted as well as some nice pics being taken of the complete bike.