Pyga Pascoe140 Re-Spray

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really applaud the work you have done, my only concern is re the use of aerosol paint. I understand you used an epoxy clearcoat ie mixed with hardener? But the non epoxy paint is risky.

In my experience spraying the odd racing car, aerosol is no way as strong as "two pack". I'm hoping the clearcoat protects it.

Well done on a meticulous refinish!

You are correct!

Its a Creality CR10 with a couple of mods on it.

I was printing it in ABS and to make sure it stick to buildplate I make my own slurry with old/unused ABS mixed with Acetone. Basically creates a liquid plastic that i paint on the plate. Once you heat the buld plate past 52degrees the Acetone evaporates and leaves behind a plastic layer that the ABS sticks to

Makes perfect sense, I avoid ABS like the plague due to adhesion issues and normally use PETG instead. 

Will definitely give this a try though, looks like a good solution.

Then finally there is the badge that goes on the front of the headtube....

The standard one looks like this :

attachicon.giflogo1.jpg

So I challenged the old man (who makes knives as a hobby) to make me a new one. I told him what I had in mind and he went ahead and started.

First he forged some steel to make a fresh sheet of damascus steel:

attachicon.gifdama.jpg

Then he made the "P" out of brass and added it to the damascus.

The last pic I got from him was this one: He has not sent me a pic of the final product yet, as he is bringing it through on Saturday so it can be mounted. You will have to wait till after the weekend to see it.

attachicon.giflogo2.jpg

Bike has been built and tested already and all is good. This weekend will see the badge being fitted as well as some nice pics being taken of the complete bike.

Flippen heck! a damascus forged badge? Im in love!

Nice job. You have inspired me to repaint my Giant. Anyone have artwork on file for a Giant Trance 26" 2009?  Please.

I never really understand this. You go to all the effort of making a one off unique bike paintscheme but want the original stickers?

Why the need for the original fonts and the rest? 

General question for all (including OP), not aimed at just plentipotelntial

I never really understand this. You go to all the effort of making a one off unique bike paintscheme but want the original stickers?

Why the need for the original fonts and the rest? 

General question for all (including OP), not aimed at just plentipotelntial

more importantly, why not

more importantly, why not

because you are making a unique bike - why go to all the effort of copying original graphics when you can actually be creative? It's like doing a cover version of a song and trying to sound like the original.

In this version, the graphic design is quite distinctive with the  o n e    f o r t y  on the top tube so i can see value in recreating that in a different hue.

for the record, if i respray my canadian originated bike it is going to get a translation of the manufacturer's name on the downtube.

I want to be the guy riding his "Klipberg" mtb.