Nic Dlamini's arm broken by Table Mountain rangers

Velouria

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug Rider was very weak on the TV NEWS - No matter what these parks board employees think they should be arrested immediately for violent assault with grievous bodily harm. Nothing could equate to what they’ve done to this professional cyclist nothing. He has no weapon is a small harmless young man and was assaulted by three ! This is terrible !

Edited by Admin02

Parks board officials should have been arrested immediately for assault with grievous bodily harm - who are the attorneys for Nick?? They should do this now.

Edited by Admin02

Parks board officials should have been arrested immediately for assault with grievous bodily harm - who are the attorneys for Nick?? They should do this now.

Anyone in Cape Town can go and lay criminal charges. I’d do it, but I’m in Johannesburg.

Doug Rider was very weak on the TV NEWS - No matter what these parks board employees think they should be arrested immediately for violent assault with grievous bodily harm. Nothing could equate to what they’ve done to this professional cyclist nothing. He has no weapon is a small harmless young man and was assaulted by three ! This is terrible !

also... this skinny little man has road shoes on... how is he going to get away! hahaha...

If the transgression is something as minor as riding without a permit, then the rangers should keep their response at the same level. Ask him to stop, close the boom, set up a road block at the exit. If he still did not comply, then let him go. Video him, take a picture, contact his team, lay a complaint with SAPS. Follow him in their vehicle to wherever he was going. Identify him, fine him, take him to court. Post it on the Bikehub?! Whatever.

But NOT grab his handlebars causing him to fall (dangerous in the extreme, people can die from it, end up paralized or brain damaged from it). Certainly NOT arrest him in a violent and brutal enough way to break his arm.

Now, if there was very good reason to suspect that a murder, a rape or an armed robbery took place, if the suspect was armed and dangerous, then the use of force might have been justified. I cannot imagine how Nick could have filled these criteria to justify what they did to him.

The ranger doing the arm-breaking KNEW he was wrong. The ones standing by doing NOTHING, KNEW they were wrong. The one trying to prevent the totally legal filming of the whole thing KNEW it was wrong and tried to hide their deed!

The book should be thrown at them. The BIG book!

Nick should get a fine, in line with his transgression, if memory serves me right, it is about R500, the same as a yearly activity card. Not a broken arm and possibly life changing consequences!  

The R500 can be taken off the money they will be paying back to him for damages, loss of income and medical costs?

Those SANP guys don’t have the power to arrest anyone to start with.

If anything Nic could open a kidnapping case against them.

What good are SANP if they cannot prevent anyone who wants to from riding, they cant enforce the permit and anyone who wants to can simply show them the middle finger and refuse to divulge any details for a fine, nothing they can do. Contacting SAPS to come the rider is not going to stand around waiting for them to come. 

I have been following the thread but have yet to read that Nick Dlamini did in fact have a permit. Is anybody able to confirm that he paid to ride in the area?

if you look from the rangers side, it could have been thug who was on way to stab someone? One dont know what happened before they manhandled him. From rangers perpective he was just another trespasser without permit. We all know thugs dress up these days to blend in

Will rather wait for full report before blaming anyone,

Mr De Lange, I suspect you are just being obtuse under the faux guise of displaying such oh so laudable impartiality.

Which leads me to ask: just what, in your view, would justify these rangers (thugs) causing grievous bodily harm to an obviously unarmed helpless person, so outnumbered. What justifies manhandling someone who appears totally defenseless in that clip, to the point that his arm snaps in two?

You think cos Nic maybe mouthed off and did not have a permit that assault GBH is justified? Really?

Get outta here.

Just been for a ride where this happened. I took my activity card with me. I showed it to the necessary people. I have no broken arms, no videos of it happening and I feel good. If only he had taken his permit card or paid the entry then his story would be as good as mine. I also have no one to blame for my amazing ride. Happy weekend all.

Well done on the most useless post of this thread.

Jy sit die pot mis.

Damage control. Cyclists as a whole have money, are often fairly affluent and a fair number of officials and high power people cycle and regard themselves part of the community.

I have been lied to by as many pro cyclists as I have government employees.

I have no reason to believe either party as to what happened in the lead up to the assault as both have a track record that can be called 'mildly dishonest' to 'downright hilarious'.

Government employees, pro cyclists and lawyers...... 

seriously....the only pro cyclist I know is Myles (CPT Fast/Slow Bastard)