Nic Dlamini's arm broken by Table Mountain rangers

Velouria

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh?

Why are you bringing me into this? It's relevant as quite a few people are bringing up the history of the Parks employees and government employees, suggesting their statements are untrue.

I am merely saying that historically, both Pro cyclists and said employees are just as dishonest as each other if we are going to start speaking in historical generalizations.

Anyway, I'm out. 

I will continue to believe that both parties are idiots and this could have been avoided by following pretty basic principles of respect for each other.

Good idea to take a break from posting in this thread for a while. The polls are showing your popularity rating to be taking a severe beating and even a broken arm. Get your head around it and come back with an argument that doesn't call Nic or Don liars and ill take you seriously again.

Good idea to take a break from posting in this thread for a while. The polls are showing your popularity rating to be taking a severe beating and even a broken arm. Get your head around it and come back with an argument that doesn't call Nic or Don liars and ill take you seriously again.

I've never once called Don a liar.

Not once. I have called bull crap on the fact that 'he didn't know' he needed a permit and that 'he did nothing' and was attacked for no reason.

That's all.

I have no argument. I have said many times, parks are in the wrong. So was Nic. 

No sides, they were both wrong to varying degrees. Nic came off worse but everyone is throwing him in this shining light of an innocent victim because he is a national treasure, WAS assaulted and is a cyclist, ie, one of the tribe.

A whole lot of the 'horror' stories involving Parks involve dog walkers without permits saying 'I've been walking my dogs here 20 years without a permit' bla bla or cyclists refusing to stop when asked or rogue riding.

Parks rangers HAVE apprehended real criminals. Quite a few in the last 2 years actually. A heap of poachers in the reserve, they were heavily involved in the apprehension of the guys who were causing havoc on the Silvermine south side and they have massively cleaned up Lions head/Signal hill. They did in fact break a few heads and were cheered. So everyone saying 'why don't they catch real criminals and do this to them'... well, they do and they have...

But it's the same argiment as the drunk driver saying 'There are rapists and murderers out there, go catch them and leave us small time indiscretion folk alone'... Should the cops beat you up for resisting arrest and failing to stop at the required road block then they will be in a world of trouble, just like these Parks guys, but if you then turn around and say 'They beat me up for nothing! I didn't know!' I will say yeah nah.... 

Man up, say 'I was drunk driving, got scared and made a bad decision which resulted in me being assaulted unfairly'... Much like Nic.

His assault would be just as unjust if he put his hands up, said he was riding without a permit, admits to ignoring their initial requests to stop (which resulted in the 'ambush') and then says 'BUT that doesn't justify the assault'... Sjoe.

Big difference to me. That's all I've said.

The assault is crap. It was unnecessary and idiotic. BUT Nic doesn't have to justify it. Don caught some of it on camera. That is irrefutable. Why does he feel the need to omit the events that led up to it instead of deny all wrong doing and feign ignorance and innocence despite that obviously not being the case?

From a guy who has been banned from the site twice, taking me seriously and telling me I am currently unpopular is rich.......  :ph34r: 

One of the most important things I’ve learned as I’ve gotten older is that there are two sides to every story and never be too quick to judge. Will wait for the outcome of the independent investigation.

But of course this is the SA .. ? more disturbing than the USA ? well trained cops.. more disturbing than 'I can't breathe - Eric Garner' ? have you seen the video? do you know Rodney King beaten by cops... watch it.. Do you know what started the Black Lives Matter movement in the USA .. Colin Kaepernick NFL Quarterback kneeling cos of the teens shot dead by cops.. climb out of your car at a road block in the USA and you'll get shot dead.. run from a cop you are shot dead! maybe Russia and China too.. South America police aren't friendly either.... not personally attacking you or your opinion.. but the whole world has become a police state.. here many people drive home pissed after a braai.. get pulled over and pay a bribe... try bribing a cop in the USA.. just saying .. of course none of this justifies what happened to Dlamini.. I hope justice is served.

Why discuss other countries? We don’t live there.

Always someone who says BUT in USAor China blah blah. I don’t care about them atm. I care about MY country and what we can do here to make things better

One of the most important things I’ve learned as I’ve gotten older is that there are two sides to every story and never be too quick to judge. Will wait for the outcome of the independent investigation.

Then don’t post at all and join KARMEN DE LANGE is the “let’s wait corner”

Edited by Quagga

Not once. I have called bull crap on the fact that 'he didn't know' he needed a permit and that 'he did nothing' and was attacked for no reason.

That's all.

No sides, they were both wrong to varying degrees. Nic came off worse but everyone is throwing him in this shining light of an innocent victim because he is a national treasure, WAS assaulted and is a cyclist, ie, one of the tribe.

A whole lot of the 'horror' stories involving Parks involve dog walkers without permits saying 'I've been walking my dogs here 20 years without a permit' bla bla or cyclists refusing to stop when asked or rogue riding.

Parks rangers HAVE apprehended real criminals. Quite a few in the last 2 years actually. A heap of poachers in the reserve, they were heavily involved in the apprehension of the guys who were causing havoc on the Silvermine south side and they have massively cleaned up Lions head/Signal hill. They did in fact break a few heads and were cheered. So everyone saying 'why don't they catch real criminals and do this to them'... well, they do and they have...

But it's the same argiment as the drunk driver saying 'There are rapists and murderers out there, go catch them and leave us small time indiscretion folk alone'... Should the cops beat you up for resisting arrest and failing to stop at the required road block then they will be in a world of trouble, just like these Parks guys, but if you then turn around and say 'They beat me up for nothing! I didn't know!' I will say yeah nah.... 

Man up, say 'I was drunk driving, got scared and made a bad decision which resulted in me being assaulted unfairly'... Much like Nic.

His assault would be just as unjust if he put his hands up, said he was riding without a permit, admits to ignoring their initial requests to stop (which resulted in the 'ambush') and then says 'BUT that doesn't justify the assault'... Sjoe.

The assault is crap. It was unnecessary and idiotic. BUT Nic doesn't have to justify it. Don caught some of it on camera. That is irrefutable. Why does he feel the need to omit the events that led up to it instead of deny all wrong doing and feign ignorance and innocence despite that obviously not being the case?

From a guy who has been banned from the site twice, taking me seriously and telling me I am currently unpopular is rich.......  :ph34r: 

to much logic in one post. 

Always someone who says BUT in USAor China blah blah. I don’t care about them atm. I care about MY country and what we can do here to make things better

My main concern underlying this video, and evident in all other saps/metro cop videos doing the rounds, is individuals that clearly lack the intellectual capacity to be in a position of authority.

Given our political landscape combined with socio-economic issues (incl dismal education system), incompetent individuals are given a uniform. They hide behind the authority that a uniform gives them. They do not have the intellect nor the training to act appropriately in a situation

OK, I'll bite. 

What side of this story could ever justify the ranger's assault as captured on the video ?

Good.And what are you doing here to make things better?

On another note, I do think that Dlamini must go for a bone density test. That actually broke to easily for me. I broke my arm and took way much force to break it. In many other sports limbs are subjected to all type of forces but dont break. Even soccer players dont break arms.

Brittle bones is a big problem with cyclists that train so much that they remove too much calcium from their bodies.

The vittriol being spewn in the comments on some of those news articles is rough. Some of the people want to give the rangers medals.

Edited by Moridin

That's all.

Well said

I much rather you post your honest opinion and experiences related to the topic than worry about “popularity polls” and

repeat what has already been established and is the logical and popular opinion.