Bike Hub 2020 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

Eish ...  I am so disappointed for your sake. On my side there was the recent cancellation of the Two Oceans Marathon. But there is also the possible announcement on the Comrades later? 

It's very painful. But I think cancellation of the Cape Epic far outweighs the other events. 

Sorry  :(

Sorry Man, Sucks. Had they cancelled the CTCT, I wouldn't have even bothered about getting or wanting my fee back and I wouldn't have even wanted a discount/free entry next year but with the EPIC it is a completely different story. It is not a cheap exercise at all and it is not just the financial side. I raced CTCT without really doing any training and I did 1 short race a month before. EPIC requires hours and hours of time and dedication.

Thanks Eddie-V and LWB. It was the right decision but it does suck. But i do also feel for the organisers. they need to now figure out what to do with this years entries as most of the money has been spent already. but we wait and see. 

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so I guess we wont be seeing any record broken for this challenge this year

maybe, maybe not! what is the record?

Last commute this afternoon, then only when lockdown lifted again. going to be a interesting lockdown with 2 little kids, limited exercise and work  :lol:

maybe, maybe not! what is the record?

Last commute this afternoon, then only when lockdown lifted again. going to be a interesting lockdown with 2 little kids, limited exercise and work  :lol:

Looks like I may have one day extra ... closing Thursday, so can commute tomorrow still ... and there look to be enough commuters to make the ride through dodgeville safe

Can I log a ride from my garage to the my home office desk over this period of time?

Are you guys not going to buy some basic groceries with the bikes.  That should count as a commute  :whistling: .  Just don't mentioned it on the hub, you might get grilled for that

Are you guys not going to buy some basic groceries with the bikes.  That should count as a commute  :whistling: .  Just don't mentioned it on the hub, you might get grilled for that

but it would be legitimate

• 5 weeks later...

Are you guys not going to buy some basic groceries with the bikes. That should count as a commute :whistling: . Just don't mentioned it on the hub, you might get grilled for that

Made it onto the podium using lockdown and grocery stops to my advantage.

Sad part is I will most likely continue to work from home for a few months after lockdown. Eish

We started work this past week.

I commuted 4 days. It was less of a hassle then taking the car.

I was not stopped on my bike, however in the car I was.

Have my permit on me the whole time.

The less I have to interact with people the better.

Pity I can't get away from people at work.

There are so many morons around and people that just don't care about keeping distance.

Going to be "fun" the next couple of months.

• 2 weeks later...

Although I can't partake in this challenge due to the morning kids bus run (normal circumstances), I have been commuting to work the past few days since re-opening and also do so during school holidays.

What was immediately apparent on my route was the absolute lack of glass in the yellow line! I enjoy my beer and some red wine and look forward to sip on a good red wine again, but it is incredible to think that the vast majority of broken glass along the road was booze related. I must admit I'm somewhat surprised about it.

Anyhow, to those still able to work and earn a living and commute on a bicycle to work, enjoy it. To my fellow cyclists who are not privileged to do so, I think of you and hope that you'll be on your bike and in work again soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice. Been of the bike for the last 2 weeks. Been just to busy, both at work with skeleton staff and work at home.

Wife tiled the house and I had to redo doors and other jobs after work.

Hopefully back riding on Monday.

• 1 month later...

The plan was to ride as much as possible, and with everyone else mostly still in lockdown I was ever so slowly creeping up the ranks from dead last. But knee pain has put me off the bike since wednesday last week.

I hoping to get back on around thursday or so.

The plan was to ride as much as possible, and with everyone else mostly still in lockdown I was ever so slowly creeping up the ranks from dead last. But knee pain has put me off the bike since wednesday last week.

I hoping to get back on around thursday or so.

I am still pretty much sitting at home, Go into work a day here and a day there(was last at work last week Monday and then here today, Hopefully come in on Friday and then nothing planned for another 2 weeks) but even when I can come to work, I can't ride. The security procedures for the covid control is not really bicycle happy. We only have 1 gate open so there is a lot of queing and 1 oke on a bicycle in the que is not cool. Then if your temp is to low, you need to wait until you warm up and about a month ago when it was so cold we were all to low so sat there rubbing our foreheads to get the temp up so we could go in.

Hope your knee comes right, the cold doesn't help.

I am still pretty much sitting at home, Go into work a day here and a day there(was last at work last week Monday and then here today, Hopefully come in on Friday and then nothing planned for another 2 weeks) but even when I can come to work, I can't ride. The security procedures for the covid control is not really bicycle happy. We only have 1 gate open so there is a lot of queing and 1 oke on a bicycle in the que is not cool. Then if your temp is to low, you need to wait until you warm up and about a month ago when it was so cold we were all to low so sat there rubbing our foreheads to get the temp up so we could go in.

Hope your knee comes right, the cold doesn't help.

when I rock up here on the bike security takes my temps on my neck

I am going to be completely out the running this year.

Been working from home since lock down started, and it looks like I will still be working from here for the foreseeable future.