PPA, CTCT and WP Cycling

Icycling

I'm keen to get involved in the WP league this year, sounds like it'll be a jol.

Does anyone want to take a stab at how the Cat's correlate to PPA seeding indexes? ie what Cat would you suggest for a person with a given PPA index? I'd prefer to not jump into a group beyond my abilities and get shot out the back immediately

Cat 1 is your "Elite" teams, Hartlief, MadMacs, Alfa, Spez, Kinetic and a few other guys who are generally your Elite/$ riders. Road Race speeds generally average 40km/h + and crits 43km/h +-

Cat 2 is generally A-B even C riders, some who have stepped down from Cat 1 and others who want to step up.. Road Race speed generally 38-39km/h and crits 40+km/h

Cat 3 is the working folk who dont train as much as the other working folk, usually the guys seeded C-D.. Road race speeds usually 35-37km/h and crits about 39km/h.

Cat 4 is new this year which will be for "first timers"..

You can enter any Cat in the beginning of the season and if you feel you'd prefer to drop down to a lower Cat, the ladies are a wonderful bunch and can drop down for the next race.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cat 1 - PPA Seeding A

Cat 2 - PPA Seeding B-C (A with exception, for guys like me :whistling: and Robby Rodriguez)

Cat 3 - PPA Seeding D-F

Cat 4 - PPA Seeding >G

Let's not forget that PPA seeding is VERY generous LOL..

The nice part about WP League is you choose your own category(you obviouslycant be an A seeded Elite rider and ride Cat 3/4though), so if you get dropped/can't hang on, you put yourself there basically.

Let's not forget that PPA seeding is VERY generous LOL..

The nice part about WP League is you choose your own category(you obviouslycant be an A seeded Elite rider and ride Cat 3/4though), so if you get dropped/can't hang on, you put yourself there basically.

And if you do you will get promoted to the next Cat after 3 wins

Cat 1 - PPA Seeding A

Cat 2 - PPA Seeding B-C (A with exception, for guys like me :whistling: and Robby Rodriguez)

Cat 3 - PPA Seeding D-F

Cat 4 - PPA Seeding >G

Thanks! Looks like I'll throw my lot in with Cat 2 then

Thanks! Looks like I'll throw my lot in with Cat 2 then

You could chuck a few names around who you usually do PPA races with and if we know them and they race WP winter league we could tell you which Category perhaps.

You could chuck a few names around who you usually do PPA races with and if we know them and they race WP winter league we could tell you which Category perhaps.

My recent racing experience is limited to The Paarl Cycle Tour and the 99er, not really enough time to make friends. Plus my tomato face with gritted teeth doesn't really invite conversation

My recent racing experience is limited to The Paarl Cycle Tour and the 99er, not really enough time to make friends. Plus my tomato face with gritted teeth doesn't really invite conversation

If your Hub PP is the same as your Strava PP we went over Vissershok together and I ride Cat2 at the WP league. I reckon Cat2 would of climbed up there at the same pace we did.