Which is the better bike 2020 scott spark960/970 vs giant anthem 3

Mo786

Advice plz! Need help in deciding which bike to buy.scott spark 960/970 or giant anthem 3 both 2020 models.

You will get a lot of biased answers here, some love Giant and some love Scott, some will suggest other brands, be ready. I am a Scott Fan when it comes to Mountainbikes so I would say go for the 960.

The Giant isn’t reliant on a special shock unit to perform well. Both have single water bottle mount and similar geometry with the Giant being a little longer whilst not having as low a bb (makes pedalling through rock gardens a little easier.).

It would be my choice of the two options.

Also lighter

The best one is the one you enjoy riding more.

But if you ask opinions on which you should rather buy out of those 2 you will get a 50/50 split. My vote goes with the Anthem but that SCOTT is also a damn nice bike. A lot of people would kill to be in your position.

One is a proper XC machine (the Giant) the other is a more trail biased bike (the Scott). If you want something for XC racing go for the Giant. If you want something a bit more well rounded, go for the Scott. If you are unsure, try get a ride on both of them and take it from there

Edited by the_bob

Was looking at the similar price point and everyone recommend the Silverback Stratos range. Not sure which of the two is better but Hotspot Cycles have a special on the 970 and 960 Scott.

If you are in Gauteng(east rand), you can test ride my Scott Genius - with some nice goodies and then you can make-up your mind.

Was looking at the similar price point and everyone recommend the Silverback Stratos range. Not sure which of the two is better but Hotspot Cycles have a special on the 970 and 960 Scott.

I love the look of the carbon Stratos but the alu one with that slapped on piece of plastic to hide the cables looks like the dogs breakfast.

If you are looking at the new 960 price range, I would suggest looking at old stock of either the Anthem 1 or 2 or the Scott spark 900rc alu. Have seen all these around R30k. It's still the same frame it still has full warranty and it's got much better spec.