Tygerberg Plumber or Status Quo?

Rock Guy

To be fair, his retort to your "To the moaners and keyboard warriors , get out and ride your f*#king bike" is within reason....if you are going to fire away from behind your keyboard, do not be surprised if someone fires  back.

To be fair the bulk of what i had to say , was how good we have it !  Also every single post ever that mentions Tygerberg trails illicits the same response from both Myles and Thermophage ( in particular Termophage - bit like a stuck record) , both of whom spend a lot more time commenting  on the Hub than they do on their bikes

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair the bulk of what i had to say , was how good we have it !  Also every single post ever that mentions Tygerberg trails illicits the same response from both Myles and Thermophage ( in particular Termophage - bit like a stuck record) , both of whom spend a lot more time commenting  on the Hub than they do on their bikes

Careful of absolute statements there sunshine. I ride with them very often....all over the place; they ride their bikes often, they deal with constructive criticism very well & will happily take anyone riding on their favourite trails & share their knowledge.

They also happily hang back with newer rides, unfit riders to ensure they enjoy the ride. They'll also happily hang back & session sections, difficult or easy with anyone who wants to progress, challenge themselves, etc

Which is also probably why they are some of the most outspoken people here...

I didn't expect things to get quite so heated on this topic. Maybe we should try and avoid all the finger pointing?

I am fully aware of the difficulties in persuading the club to build more technical trails, but that wasn't really the point here. I guess the answer to my question is then that yes, there are places to build more challenging trails.

Sadly the trek to Jonkershoek / Table Mountain / Tokai just takes up too much of my valuable riding time to make it a viable option over weekends when it's also the only time I can spend with my wife and newborn, otherwise I would certainly have gone riding there far more often. I guess day dreaming of tech will have to do for now...

I'll try to attend the AGM, but I really don't feel like arguing with people especially if it's guaranteed that Ill be met with a flat ignore.

(On a side note, I wonder if the club has ever had its members vote over what kinds of trails are built?, Surely this could be done over email? It would certainly provide them with a more realistic idea of what their members actually desire)