Tygerberg Plumber or Status Quo?

Rock Guy

Hahahaha...price you pay is significantly more than Tabel Mountain or Jonkers...Actually you can buy a Tablemountain AND Jonkers permit for less than one Tygerberm permit.

I must have misunderstood then last time I checked for Tokai, it felt quite expensive and very complicated between the permit and the club... I end up paying the daily fee of something like 90 rand each time I go to Tokai. At this price, I can only ride 10 times to match the price of my Tygerberg membership, which is about 1 month worth of riding.

And appart from tokai, the table mountains trails are a mystery to me, I went the other day to try them out, ended up really exploring to find the Granite rock, went down the wrong side of the river bed for the Glen but some hikers told me where to go, even with trailfourks it's difficult to find the trails. Don't think you can compare it to Tygerberg where signage is great, and it's pretty easy to plan your route if you take a few minutes on the computer the day before.

Edited by Jbr

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SNIP

. The club DOES do good things. The sponsorship of the xco and wpenduro series being one, the selection of green and mild blue trail being another. But gosh darn, you'd better not ask for more tech or proper gradings. No, not even on a 120km plus trail network can it be incorporated. Just ride faster, is the answer.

Agreed

I love the new trails that we added, not technical but then again I am not technical rider so I love them

Lombaards is looking very good to me, I am using that to learn to do some jumps since they are all table tops and if I dont clear it I dont visit the hospital.

That new 14km farms section is such a lekker way to add some distance to a ride

I must have misunderstood then last time I checked for Tokai, it felt quite expensive and very complicated betweend the permit and the club... I end up paying the daily fee of something like 90 rand each time I go to Tokai. At this price, I can only ride 10 times to match the price of my Tygerberg membership, which is about 1 month worth of riding.

Get 4 people together, TM permit is R365 for a year. Get the same 4 ppl together and a Jonkers permit is R175 per person.

Together, R365 + R175 = R540 for the year

I must have misunderstood then last time I checked for Tokai, it felt quite expensive and very complicated betweend the permit and the club... I end up paying the daily fee of something like 90 rand each time I go to Tokai. At this price, I can only ride 10 times to match the price of my Tygerberg membership, which is about 1 month worth of riding.

The day permit from Table Mountain (which incl Tokai) is retarded. No argument there. But if you club yourself and 3 others together for a group application, it works out to R350 each per year. That permit applies to the whole of TM trails, not just Tokai.

The day permit from Table Mountain (which incl Tokai) is retarded. No argument there. But if you club yourself and 3 others together for a group application, it works out to R350 each per year. That permit applies to the whole of TM trails, not just Tokai.

Okay yeah I heard of that group thing, problem is the only friend I have who ride there often already has his membership  :lol:

And appart from tokai, the table mountains trails are a mystery to me, I went the other day to try them out, ended up really exploring to find the Granite rock, went down the wrong side of the river bed for the Glen but some hikers told me where to go, even with trailfourks it's difficult to find the trails. Don't think you can compare it to Tygerberg where signage is great, and it's pretty easy to plan your route if you take a few minutes on the computer the day before.

Yeah, with TM itself (slick rock / granite; TP Trail; Walter's Walk; Mother in Law; Glen; Other Woman; Rupert's Revenge; Rupert's Folly etc etc etc it's best to go with someone who knows it, as there aren't any signs or direction markers, because they're all community-built trails that get developed over time. No central group / club formalising trail markers etc like you get at Tygerberg / Tokai. 

Reading through the comments and i am reminded of just how lucky we are in CT. Jonkers , Table Mountain , Tygerberg , Welvenpas , Helderberg etc , shuttle days at hellsend , conties and others.

A lot of variety of trail and a lot of options and yet!!!

To the moaners and keyboard warriors , get out and ride your f*#king bike. Be appreciative of what the land owners make available and try to understand there are many role players to take into account with the likes of the incredible trail network that TMBC has developed over the years.

WE HAVE IT REALLY GOOD!

Reading through the comments and i am reminded of just how lucky we are in CT. Jonkers , Table Mountain , Tygerberg , Welvenpas , Helderberg etc , shuttle days at hellsend , conties and others.

A lot of variety of trail and a lot of options and yet!!!

To the moaners and keyboard warriors , get out and ride your f*#king bike. Be appreciative of what the land owners make available and try to understand there are many role players to take into account with the likes of the incredible trail network that TMBC has developed over the years.

WE HAVE IT REALLY GOOD!

Shame, butthurt much?

If you haven't noteiced, we ARE riding our bikes. That's completely besides the point.

Yeah, with TM itself (slick rock / granite; TP Trail; Walter's Walk; Mother in Law; Glen; Other Woman; Rupert's Revenge; Rupert's Folly etc etc etc it's best to go with someone who knows it, as there aren't any signs or direction markers, because they're all community-built trails that get developed over time. No central group / club formalising trail markers etc like you get at Tygerberg / Tokai. 

If you have a Strava activity links to send me it would be great. Did a lot of research, but couldn't find much except for the ones I mentionned above :( Otherwise I'll plan a ride with Don one day, he must know all of them  :blush:

If you have a Strava activity links to send me it would be great. Did a lot of research, but couldn't find much except for the ones I mentionned above :( Otherwise I'll plan a ride with Don one day, he must know all of them  :blush:

Dude, ping me or Myles. I ride TM area every Thu liek 17:30 and sometimes a Tuesday as well. Happy for new peeps!

Shame, butthurt much?

If you haven't noteiced, we ARE riding our bikes. That's completely besides the point.

Really , thats the level of response , "butthurt". Actually really grateful for the amazing riding we have available around the Cape. You really do seem to miss the point in every way 

Really , thats the level of response , "butthurt". Actually really grateful for the amazing riding we have available around the Cape. You really do seem to miss the point in every way 

Yeah, butthurt seems appropriate towards your feelings on this thread.

And nobody is disputing the trail quality. Just advocating for more variety on Tygerberm. So yes, butthurt.

I think you, as many others, have yet again misunderstood bashing with people who are frustrated by a club that does not listen.

In this thread, someone basically dropped a hint that they hushed by a lawyer; one can only assume 1 sent from the club.

What other medium would you have us use? My experience is the same as many others; you speak up; the club doesn't listen & a bunch of narrow minded autocratic types tell you to shut up & be happy you're allowed to pay a massive fee to use trails in your neighbourhood.

Tell me, when you go to a restaurant, get crap service & food do you keep quiet? Because no one bullied you into going there in the first place right? So, STFU & eat your food, pay your money & say thank you? Because this is what it sounds like to me. 

The irony being that the average South African's favorite thing to complain about is poor service delivery by our government & yet apparently it's ok for a club to be run, in my view, in very much the same way.

Please explain to me how this is different?

Sounds like mcdonalds, KFC etc

To be fair, his retort to your "To the moaners and keyboard warriors , get out and ride your f*#king bike" is within reason....if you are going to fire away from behind your keyboard, do not be surprised if someone fires  back.

Yeah, butthurt seems appropriate towards your feelings on this thread.

And nobody is disputing the trail quality. Just advocating for more variety on Tygerberm. So yes, butthurt.

THIS. So that, you know, people can progress within a single ecosystem and have any type of trail, be it slow tech or fast flow. And everything inbetween. 

To be fair, his retort to your "To the moaners and keyboard warriors , get out and ride your f*#king bike" is within reason....if you are going to fire away from behind your keyboard, do not be surprised if someone fires  back.

:lol: exactly.