Rock Guy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA  sorry I can not

All good.

They do have a very poor history of "censoring" criticism of them so wouldn't be surprised if they went bosbe4k at some point.

in the good old days when there were just about no trails to ride in CT, you would ride whatever there was to ride, and if your skill level was not on par for a section you would get off your bike and walk it .... there is no shame in this.

so with this mindset I do also support slower tech trails, and if I need to walk parts then I need to walk parts ... at some point I will manage to ride them (or not) and then still ride the remainder sections that would fall within my skill set.

All that the Tygerberg club needs to do on some of their trails is simply not do any maintenance work,this will have the desired affect of making trails a lot more gnarly and technical and cost nothing to achieve..

All that the Tygerberg club needs to do on some of their trails is simply not do any maintenance work,this will have the desired affect of making trails a lot more gnarly and technical and cost nothing to achieve..

hmmmm...will work somewhat, but honestly found previously that heavily built up trals when left like that can turn kaka and cause big erosion issues, which nobody wants. It's better to build more dedicated trails, or revamp parts/add A lines to existing ones for now...

BUT, that being said, some of the absolute best trails Tygerberm has built in the last few years have been built in 1 day with a brush cutter....i.e. the two off-camber trails built for Hoogies enduro, one at the end of trail and the other going down Spykers climb. So challenging to ride, but pretty mush as safe as anything else and so different!

HAHA  sorry I can not

I'm sorry, what?

Is this 1984?

Why would there be lawyers letters involved from a club to its members? This doesn't sound very "club like"; it also sounds a bit counter to the constitution of this country which defends (& fought fought pretty hard for). I wouldn't mind reading through that letter & I'd like the club to justify that *IF* this is indeed the case...that is absolutely deplorable.

It disgusts me that we're bullied into effectively paying to be apart of a club that behaves in this way.

I'm sorry, what?

Is this 1984?

Why would there be lawyers letters involved from a club to its members? This doesn't sound very "club like"; it also sounds a bit counter to the constitution of this country which defends (& fought fought pretty hard for). I wouldn't mind reading through that letter & I'd like the club to justify that *IF* this is indeed the case...that is absolutely deplorable.

It disgusts me that we're bullied into effectively paying to be apart of a club that behaves in this way.

Que? Who bullied you into joining a completely voluntary club? Now that's deplorable.

I think there a lot more to why TMBC goes not have too many challenging trails, its all on private land(1) and where they can build(2) and money(3) as the land owners get paid per KM and how often its used, numbers game more people ride more money.

i have heard of an lawsuit coz sum one fell and now is trying  to claim damages from the land owner, TMBC, and still ongoing 3 years now.  

Que? Who bullied you into joining a completely voluntary club? Now that's deplorable.

I think there a lot more to why TMBC goes not have too many challenging trails, its all on private land(1) and where they can build(2) and money(3) as the land owners get paid per KM and how often its used, numbers game more people ride more money.

i have heard of an lawsuit coz sum one fell and now is trying  to claim damages from the land owner, TMBC, and still ongoing 3 years now.  

Lol...I mean that makes sense...if you haven't thought it through.

Money to build is the same, if not less for a more tech trail over bare rocky ground (one example ppl have been asking for for ages and is available at hoogies).

As for the damages claim? So what? The trails currently are HIGHLY conducive to bad injuries. Do you okes not realise that high speed smooth trails...crashing is gonna be rather...severe.

Also, not preparing riders or giving them a false sense of their abilities by knowingly over-grading the trails is a massive problem.

I think he means he was bullied by the lawyers letter saying STFU or leave the club or there'll be k@k 

no-one bullies you to pay... We should be thankfull of what the club does for us. The price we pay for a year is still quite low for what we get, and considering the amount of work done on the trails.

If you are not happy with the level of gnar, then go ride somewhere else. That's what I do when I feel like something different, yet I'm very happy to have those nice little trails for when I don't have much time to go elsewhere...

no-one bullies you to pay... We should be thankfull of what the club does for us. The price we pay for a year is still quite low for what we get, and considering the amount of work done on the trails.

If you are not happy with the level of gnar, then go ride somewhere else. That's what I do when I feel like something different, yet I'm very happy to have those nice little trails for when I don't have much time to go elsewhere...

Hahahaha...price you pay is significantly more than Tabel Mountain or Jonkers...Actually you can buy a Tablemountain AND Jonkers permit for less than one Tygerberm permit.

Anyway, the point is....ppl live out there, it's their home trails and they are PAYING to the club. So they should have a voice.

The club has since I can recall (~2013/13) really just ignored requests, threads like these...You;d think they would be taken more seriously with the frequency with which they come up. We're just the most recent in a long line.

It's mountain biking bud, you need the gnar...we don't wanna ride rode bikes on the dirt

They did that to cobra recently. And for a few weeks in a row, people had to be airlifted out of there. Now there is only one slightly challenging section at the bottom of cobra, so........

on the other side of the coin, criticism should be seen as positive and use it to build on ... even if only a fraction of the criticism is taken further.

we can't live with rose tinted glasses.

OP asks an innocent question. 5 posts later we have the usual crowd bashing away at the club. No wonder club management despise the hub so much!

yeah, cos they can't delete stuff they don't wanna hear about.

Honestly, Skubs, it's the same thing all the time. Anything constructive or critical of the club is met with almost fervent rhetoric and pushback. The club DOES do good things. The sponsorship of the xco and wpenduro series being one, the selection of green and mild blue trail being another. But gosh darn, you'd better not ask for more tech or proper gradings. No, not even on a 120km plus trail network can it be incorporated. Just ride faster, is the answer.

OP asks an innocent question. 5 posts later we have the usual crowd bashing away at the club. No wonder club management despise the hub so much!

I think you, as many others, have yet again misunderstood bashing with people who are frustrated by a club that does not listen.

In this thread, someone basically dropped a hint that they hushed by a lawyer; one can only assume 1 sent from the club.

What other medium would you have us use? My experience is the same as many others; you speak up; the club doesn't listen & a bunch of narrow minded autocratic types tell you to shut up & be happy you're allowed to pay a massive fee to use trails in your neighbourhood.

Tell me, when you go to a restaurant, get crap service & food do you keep quiet? Because no one bullied you into going there in the first place right? So, STFU & eat your food, pay your money & say thank you? Because this is what it sounds like to me. 

The irony being that the average South African's favorite thing to complain about is poor service delivery by our government & yet apparently it's ok for a club to be run, in my view, in very much the same way.

Please explain to me how this is different?