Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

Inother breaking news Level 3 here we come

Surreal the Pressie addressing the nation tonight at 20h30 for 22h00

I wonder if he's going to extend the perimeter of death. 10km?

Edited by Duane_Bosch

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True

its not in the regs. I thought it was but its not.

https://sacoronavirus.co.za/2020/04/21/use-of-cloth-face-masks-by-members-of-the-general-public-in-south-africa-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=ff2ed49eabd0576a78833253ff9059c9a682943b-1588850244-0-AY4p58HVt9HbscGwb2thgKu4o0JDFZW2S-gZ8qTkPr_wtizLy8XSUjgHgMUwNpCDvwwSS7t8Z9Q_5STPXRKvUl7QxkJzCHtSmu5Gtk_OPi012D6FgzVYvj4pMbpPsU3tftjstRT8LIUeUD63-lKpnZZMG0zDrcaehRYqh5AIoewSJmTgDNa9MmmExNIi-HMOKC4CfKAIsUsZHSMKXs2rjauhvdAQte8WuCiOE-mEiMRNSJzBHhjqf65_w14T7RQTstA2tM8vIh-8GxedBLc2r-lTfG8_hK03SfLOkmz0zvisXEU1ieuU1vaZbsT4eeqetaWOkkNa6kCM5DEFYRDXmb53r3gmcTTkYhB-99yZKMi7bPUCU3Z4H4AfYe3W0RiExUXiiAQce_wfEt0rwf3_Vxl2iA_Ycf5V9U_RgR3uuBM2

Notice the use of the word "Should" i.e. its a recommendation not a hard and fast law. Right of admission to shops still applies so its a good idea to wear one there or at least take it with you.

Inother breaking news Level 3 here we come

Surreal the Pressie addressing the nation tonight at 20h30 for 22h00

Yeah, I reckon it may be a level 3.5, but 3 would be great. It's been a week at level 4, hasn't it?

Yeah, I reckon it may be a level 3.5, but 3 would be great. It's been a week at level 4, hasn't it?

You think with the WC numbers (infected/critical) that they will go down to level 3.

Actually dropping to level 3 would explain the tobacco industry suddenly dropping their case against the government [emoji848]

Edited by Gen

You think with the WC numbers (infected/critical) that they will go down to level 3.

Actually dropping to level 3 would explain the tobacco industry suddenly dropping their case against the government [emoji848]

My theory:

All provinces to drop to level 3, except for the WC, they stay on Level 4...?

I don' think the Western Cape's number are as bad as they seem. Other provinces are likely a little behind the curve. Probably a touch and go thing for us. Rest of the country is less risky for now but in a month....?

The economy needs to be kick started and that means getting to Level 2 ASAP and further the Risk adjusted Strategy.

At the end of the day, a great many of us will get the virus. Whether it hurts us or not is going to be dependant on our general state of health. Locking people up and imprisoning your tax base for petty crimes doesn't further economic recovery.

I think their decisions going forward are going to be economy based decisions. Poverty will kill many many more people than the virus will. That is becoming apparent globally.

My theory:

Very possible..some provinces could even warrant dropping to level 2 if their numbers are to be believed.

I personally hope so, but I don't think it would be the "right" decision at this point. I would personally have argued for another week of L4, with the proviso that it would be extended if people don't adhere to the guidelines. I could very well be wrong, though. 

Risk / reward. You show us that you who can adhere, do adhere, and we will scale it back. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Very possible..some provinces could even warrant dropping to level 2 if their numbers are to be believed.

I would be all for opening up places like Northern Cape, North West and Limpopo, but I don't know how much it will help them if the Metro's remain locked down... At least they will feel a bit better.

I would be all for opening up places like Northern Cape, North West and Limpopo, but I don't know how much it will help them if the Metro's remain locked down... At least they will feel a bit better.

We would definitely feel better [emoji1787]

I do however suspect NW will see a rise in cases now.. they are actively testing all the mine employees returning to work...and there are a lot.[emoji52]

My theory:

Possibly but on what basis?

3770 cases and 72 deaths?

That's just a snap shot in time. We don't know how the other provinces will play out. We do know that WC will peak before the rest. I guess what will drive the decision is how many care beds are available. If WC can get set up for the extra beds then I can't see how we'll be held back. We may stay at Level 3 for a while longer than the rest of the country.

We don't know how many will die from the virus but the smart peeps have calculated how many will die of hunger and lack of access to medical care.

Lets see what he has to say tonight. Positive thoughts positive thoughts

I personally hope so, but I don't think it would be the "right" decision at this point. I would personally have argued for another week of L4, with the proviso that it would be extended if people don't adhere to the guidelines. I could very well be wrong, though. 

Risk / reward. You show us that you who can adhere, do adhere, and we will scale it back. 

I don't know why you think these levels are compliance driven. It's not. Its driven by preparedness against the case numbers. and then the risk.

At the moment the WC hotspots are Mitchells Plain, Khayalitsha, Western City (Atlantic Seaboard and Tygerberg. Basically CoCT. Outlying areas are shoing fewer cases but the economy is CoCT. So can't open wine exports if the supply chain is shut down.

Level 3 is all about supply chains. Its not about abiding by the rules and receiving rewards for that. Its about Economic activity and the risks associated with that VS how many people could die.

I don't know why you think these levels are compliance driven. It's not. Its driven by preparedness against the case numbers. and then the risk.

At the moment the WC hotspots are Mitchells Plain, Khayalitsha, Western City (Atlantic Seaboard and Tygerberg. Basically CoCT. Outlying areas are shoing fewer cases but the economy is CoCT. So can't open wine exports if the supply chain is shut down.

Level 3 is all about supply chains. Its not about abiding by the rules and receiving rewards for that. Its about Economic activity and the risks associated with that VS how many people could die.

I know the levels are mostly data-driven, but actual compliance to those guidelines must enter the fray at some point, as it's also part of the data (has a direct effect on the R0) If we don't adhere to the L4 guidelines, what makes us think we'll adhere to the L3 guidelines? Or, at least, if they are dropped, I think there would be an increase in police & military presence to ensure adherence to those guidelines.  

Basically, I think that there is far more chance of a step to L3 after we've shown to be responsible citizens and petition while adhering, than if we disobey and rail against, then petition. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Possibly but on what basis?

3770 cases and 72 deaths?

That's just a snap shot in time. We don't know how the other provinces will play out. We do know that WC will peak before the rest. I guess what will drive the decision is how many care beds are available. If WC can get set up for the extra beds then I can't see how we'll be held back. We may stay at Level 3 for a while longer than the rest of the country.

We don't know how many will die from the virus but the smart peeps have calculated how many will die of hunger and lack of access to medical care.

Lets see what he has to say tonight. Positive thoughts positive thoughts

The level of LD is determined on the capability of each province to treat the infected (that document released a few weeks ago explainedthat quite well).. that's why hospitalisation and numbers of critical patients are important.

I saw it on WA (linked to a previous address on Youtube on the SABC News channel) but decided not to share it, because I couldn't confirm it.

So until gov confirms .. we wait.. But the president usually addresses on a Thursday..so it could be a possibility...