Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

a Question I NEED to ask: Will we be able to start training ( on the Road ) from the 1st of May... ?

TIA

We will get clarity in the coming week. All we know is some form of outside exercise will be allowed. Whether that's just walking, whether it allows for cycling, whether there will be a radius or time limit is all just speculation at this point.

Seems there will be no outside activity and we still in lockdown according to Dlamini-Zuma' speech and explanation of Level 4 this morning!

Hi All,

a Question I NEED to ask: Will we be able to start training ( on the Road ) from the 1st of May... ?

TIA

Dont think so, route of a cyclist is difficult to trace and the cyclist riding at speed can spread the virus in a wider radius than 2 meters. They are opening up just enough so that anyone tested positive can be traced through cellphones and those who may have been in contact for 2 weeks prior notified and quarantined. 

Cycling will only open when gyms open, IMO.

Seems there will be no outside activity and we still in lockdown according to Dlamini-Zuma' speech and explanation of Level 4 this morning!

If that's the case then what's the difference between 5 and 4? 5 was lockdown, 4 was not lockdown but still in quite a predicament with reasonably freedom of movement.

just got this d7af601cb6bc3572e3cb40f03be5d810.jpg

If that's the case then what's the difference between 5 and 4? 5 was lockdown, 4 was not lockdown but still in quite a predicament with reasonably freedom of movement.

No idea, got the message on a WA group and just received pic with it noted on SABC as she was speaking this morning.

To get open some sectors of the economy going again.

No idea, got the message on a WA group and just received pic with it noted on SABC as she was speaking this morning.

I don't know..suppose we will have to wait and see what the official amendments are once published in the Gazette

Edited by Gen

I don't know..suppose we will have to wait and see what the official amendments are once published in the Gazette

Thanks, we obviously need the conditions, any idea when gazetted?

Thanks, we obviously need the conditions, any idea when gazetted?

No idea..logic tells me by Monday or Tuesday to give companies a chance to organize what they need to by 1 May?

We can train under strict conditions... no organised sport

Me, alone, in a Bush seems strict but yeah. I imagine it would be quite challenging wearing a mask while ridding as what was said on the radio is masks are required outside of your house.

Running or cycling will at the very least be complicated by a mask. I don't imagine finding a mask that is sufficiently protective and sufficiently breathable for a high paced activity.