Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

Ha!

I said that to my wife in week one and she rides the IDT every day!

Mine has temporarily confiscated my musical instruments... Apparently 5 weeks of walking around the house giving everything a soundtrack or narration with dramatic strumming is annoying.... who woulda thunk it?!

says the guy who gave his niece a DRUM and music rattle set for her first birthday!

payback is coming, it will be sweet.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thinking we will be aloud back on the bikes at the beginning of may ? 

Guidelines should be out by thursday eve. Until then, it's a case of wait and see, but maybe not. Gov't still hasn't told us what "under strict health guidelines" encompasses. 

says the guy who gave his niece a DRUM and music rattle set for her first birthday!

HAHAHAHA  Guilty as charged!

We can go halvies on a set of Vee drums...... 

The cheap Chinese noise making toys are the worst. High pitched with a tendency to self activate in the middle of the night.

Canoeing's application to be allowed at level 4 has been nixed: message from Chairman of Canoeing SA

"Unfortunately this request is denied".

That is the message I received from SAMSA this morning in reply to our application for a relaxation in the level 4 restrictions, allowing us to return to the water in a limited capacity.

They continue by saying;
"While Level 4 is implemented, we cannot allow this. Gyms are closed and although exercise is limited, the request from government is to limit this as much as possible – only walking, jogging and cycling is permitted within the surrounding area of your home".

Canoeing's application to be allowed at level 4 has been nixed: message from Chairman of Canoeing SA

That is the message I received from SAMSA this morning in reply to our application for a relaxation in the level 4 restrictions, allowing us to return to the water in a limited capacity.

They continue by saying;

"While Level 4 is implemented, we cannot allow this. Gyms are closed and although exercise is limited, the request from government is to limit this as much as possible – only walking, jogging and cycling is permitted within the surrounding area of your home".

This sounds promising... (Sorry canoeists)

So it makes sense that they're not keen on people driving to go paddle somewhere, but if I lived in Marina da Gama and could literally roll out my bed into a canoe I'd be a little bit disappointed.

So it makes sense that they're not keen on people driving to go paddle somewhere, but if I lived in Marina da Gama and could literally roll out my bed into a canoe I'd be a little bit disappointed.

100% ????

Paddling in the vlei is bloody fantastic. Shouldn't have sold my surfski. ????

100%

Paddling in the vlei is bloody fantastic. Shouldn't have sold my surfski.

surfskis suck on the vlei due to the weed...get a k1, they cheep

trust me the MdG group has been redhot debates over pedalos for 5 weeks now.

Friday will look like the CTCT. Let's hope there isn't a mass congregation at the top of chappies on Friday. All we need is someone to drive past and snap a photo!

Friday will look like the CTCT. Let's hope there isn't a mass congregation at the top of chappies on Friday. All we need is someone to drive past and snap a photo!

Chappies is closed and will probably stay closed so anyone riding chappies will be disappointed.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Chappies is closed and will probably stay closed so anyone riding chappies will be disappointed.

why is it closed?