Swiss Epic 2020

Uncleslow

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, I think this has nothing to do with Covid and is just Swiss formality.

In a country where trains run to a schedule that says Arrive 11:57 Depart 12:01 and then stick  precisely to it, 10 days would equal 10 days and not 9 days 18 hrs.

For those of us who live in a less disciplined society it takes some effort to get your head around it, but it is the Swiss way and has been for centuries. 

I did quite a bit of work for Swiss company over a fair few projects on in various countries.

Coming from SA and having worked heaps for a French company, their structures took a while to get used to and I was resentful at first. But then I made those structures work for me and began to understand that way of life actually works  but you have to buy into it.

It takes a massive mind shift and a degree of organisation that we just aren't used to. Neither are the French!

I had to read this several times to see if I was reading correctly - Swiss Timing all effed up - it is almost unfathomable to think what those two must have gone through to just get there, to then be told this.

From the race website team name it seems as if they are not enjoying any sort of factory team status either - I hope this is not mainly coming out of their personal pockets.

Could be that you have two mates sleeping on your couch for a week or asking for rides in a UAE team car.... 

They got full factory support that was no an issue so there it was all good. The rest, not so much.

Nope, I think this has nothing to do with Covid and is just Swiss formality.

In a country where trains run to a schedule that says Arrive 11:57 Depart 12:01 and then stick  precisely to it, 10 days would equal 10 days and not 9 days 18 hrs.

For those of us who live in a less disciplined society it takes some effort to get your head around it, but it is the Swiss way and has been for centuries. 

I guess that drives the sale of swiss chronographs

They got full factory support that was no an issue so there it was all good. The rest, not so much.

really dumb question but could they not have started later?  At their pace cutoff wouldn't be an issue

On the plus side John, at least you don't have to stress about how to send me that Colnago now

really dumb question but could they not have started later?  At their pace cutoff wouldn't be an issue

On the plus side John, at least you don't have to stress about how to send me that Colnago now

I actually said that to them, I was start at 12 and you still finish on time and so forth. Its a long type and info but there was more than 1 thing at play and they got the end stick of it. 

I think one of the side effects of this virus is political stupidity by government office bearers

This x10... - I had seen people being turned away (not allowed to get on flight in Istanbul) because they would be 2 hours outside (on arrival) of the 72 hours period since a Covid test certificate. Imagine keeping your job / contract if that happen...