Cult of extream discipline

Hit another big milestone this week, broke the 110kg barrier, first time in a decade, now the lightest I have been since uni.

well done man.

is the goal 89kg?!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one concerned that the extreme discipline of this cult doesn't extend to spelling the word extreme in the thread title correctly?

This was mentioned before, you would think ii would be an easy fix, but it for the life of me I can seem to get that right.

well done man.

is the goal 89kg?!

Will recheck the final goal once I hit 100, I am also over 2m tall so 89 might just be pushing it. Big audacious hair goal (borrowed that from someone off this thread) is doing an ultra on the MTB this year (thinking Cullinan 2 Tonteldoos) Edited by Sitting@89

This was mentioned before, you would think ii would be an easy fix, but it for the life of me I can seem to get that right.

Ah, right, probably needs a mod to do it.

Not to hijack the thread, bit I do feel the need to interject here, and provide some perspective.

Your assumption that all psychiatrists and psychologists have something wrong with them, and that forced the to study and become one sound familiar. I had this idea too.

I also thought I can just "snap out of it" (Jerry Seinfeld - Comedians in cars drinking coffee). Fast forward 200km/h and me trying not to get home to my family, I had to look for help.

I found someone who is completely unbiased, has no personal agenda, and has taught me the tools to get my head right. Tools i seriously did not posess, contrary to your opinion.

You are not in a position to downplay a person's mental state. You clearly also do not have the tools to teach someone to use the correct coping mechanisms. What worked for you, is not a fit-for all solution. 

I respect your right to have an opinion, I'm not gonna tell you what you are allowed to post on a open forum, I'm just giving you a bit of perspective, hopefully shedding some light to others that may feel that mental illness is some small thing that can be sorted out by a good "rule nr5" in the mirror when you wake up. 

The "ruts" you refer to vary in depth, some are small and you can just roll out of them, others seem more like canyons, that seem impossible to get out of.

sure.

I think you are maybe misinterpreting what I wrote or meant. I am by no means saying that when you find yourself in a rut that a simple self refectory rule nr5 (harden the f@rk up) will suffice. Quite the contrary....That is an as outdated 'baby boomer' perspective. What I am saying is that there is this opinion that self improvement is unattainable without "medical" intervention in society.  "I cant help myself because I need a person who knows how to help me" That I disagree with. I also helped myself through hard work and commitment...not just by looking at myself and telling myself I'm complaining about life from a privileged position so I should harden the f@rk up and stop being a cupcake. It took me the better part of 2 years...but I got there in the end, and I own my own achievement in that regard. And I had plenty of demons to overcome. I grew up without a father figure (he chose to be not be one)...so yes - daddy issues to boot lol

I also said that yes...there are levels to how deep ruts go. A broken person who probably needs to be on medication is not going to help themselves, but that is a whole other subject. 

Edited by morneS555

Hit another big milestone this week, broke the 110kg barrier, first time in a decade, now the lightest I have been since uni.

well done dude. This is awesome. 

sure.

I think you are maybe misinterpreting what I wrote or meant. I am by no means saying that when you find yourself in a rut that a simple self refectory rule nr5 (harden the f@rk up) will suffice. Quite the contrary....That is an as outdated 'baby boomer' perspective. What I am saying is that there is this opinion that self improvement is unattainable without "medical" intervention in society.  "I cant help myself because I need a person who knows how to help me" That I disagree with. I also helped myself through hard work and commitment...not just by looking at myself and telling myself I'm complaining about life from a privileged position so I should harden the f@rk up and stop being a cupcake. It took me the better part of 2 years...but I got there in the end, and I own my own achievement in that regard. And I had plenty of demons to overcome. I grew up without a father figure (he chose to be not be one)...so yes - daddy issues to boot lol

I also said that yes...there are levels to how deep ruts go. A broken person who probably needs to be on medication is not going to help themselves, but that is a whole other subject. 

Friday ... so a light harted response ..... 

A female lecturer had a particularly "slow" class .... over weeks the tension built and built ..... One day she snapped and said: "Some students needs to be spoon fed.  You lot need to be breast fed !!"

2016 I needed a few sessions with a dietitian .... We had some very good sessions, and I asked a LOT of questions.  But once the "facts were on the table", then it was up to me to do my bit ....

No shame in asking for "information".  But then the time comes to do your bit, or not ... and live with the results.

Having a "physical condition" that actually requires medication .... then DIY dont work .... Even though a life style change may assist in many cases, meds will be part of the recovery process.

I think you can correct it by editing your original post, it should then open up the thread title for editing.

sure.

"There's no such thing as problem children - parents are THE problem"

Hats off to ya'll that managed to get out of your respective ruts. Be it with, or without help :clap:

Groove or Grave ................................. it's only the depth that matters.

Friday ... so a light harted response ..... 

A female lecturer had a particularly "slow" class .... over weeks the tension built and built ..... One day she snapped and said: "Some students needs to be spoon fed.  You lot need to be breast fed !!"

Thought it was just Bishops....