Cult of extream discipline

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! 

Bro, it's a helluva valid question. 

Strict exercise regimes will naturally up the testosterone levels of those involved.... 6 months is a long time to share a bedroom with another dude oozing testosterone.

One needs to fap with confidence and in peace!

Strict exercise regimes will naturally up the testosterone levels of those involved.... 6 months is a long time to share a bedroom with another dude oozing testosterone.

Did you miss the part of the female beach volleyball team living next door? Fapping will be highly unnecessary. 

I watched some documentary... And in it.. Future Republican politicians went to a house like this... And for the life of me I can't remember the documentary and it's bugging the hell out of me

I watched some documentary... And in it.. Future Republican politicians went to a house like this... And for the life of me I can't remember the documentary and it's bugging the hell out of me

The Family

Did you miss the part of the female beach volleyball team living next door? Fapping will be highly unnecessary. 

Shared rooms bro!!

Spoken like a true koshuis boy...

Join the French Foreign Legion,do all the above and you’ll get to see the world[emoji106][emoji3]

I have a family member who did this at the start of the year. He is loving it and thriving.

Got a new name...the whole nine yards.

Edited by Blackbeard

I was about to say, add in Kpl Swanepoel and Samjoor van Zyl, cold showers, daily exercise, get Cyril to pay you R0.97 a day and Bob's your uncle....

Bwahaha. Thought exactly the same . Join the SANDF or in my case the SAAF in August in Pretoria. Basics in winter at Valhalla. Lectures on "Die Swaart Gevaar" every night. . It did provide me with a lot of motivation for where i am now and also ensured i will never ever again in my life take a cold shower no matter how bad i stink. Cpl Kellerman and Putter for PTI's . RSM that could be heard a kilometre away kakking you out. Polished floors and ironed clothes until 4 am for inspections. 

Bwahaha. Thought exactly the same . Join the SANDF or in my case the SAAF in August in Pretoria. Basics in winter at Valhalla. Lectures on "Die Swaart Gevaar" every night. . It did provide me with a lot of motivation for where i am now and also ensured i will never ever again in my life take a cold shower no matter how bad i stink. Cpl Kellerman and Putter for PTI's . RSM that could be heard a kilometre away kakking you out. Polished floors and ironed clothes until 4 am for inspections.

Brings back memories of an utter waste of time

Apart from my time at the Army College when we were treated like human beings.

I would never do it voluntarily

I'd suggest doing some community work. Sometimes helping those less fortunate gives us an appreciation for what we have an a realistic perspective of our lives. Take stock of everything and refocus on the goals that are really achievable and important.

We often are just unhappy because we keep comparing ourselves to others, and the stuff that used to bring us joy like being motivated to ride our bikes early in the morning are now a chore. Finding motivation will come when you find gratitude. Lots of good vibes for your journey.

OP

At the risk of sounding like some wierdass life coach (which i'm definitely not btw, so take everything I say as 2/3nd hand).

You definitely don't need the army or some sort of neo cult crap to feel a sense of purpose/direction in your life imo. All you need is to ''have to do something or else''so to speak. There needs to be consequence to your decisions. 

Google these as a start. 

(There is a TED talk on it too)

stagnation-order-complexity-chaos. (the so called growth rings)

Most people operate in the stagnation/order part of that chain of rings their whole lives...also known as your comfort zone. You will unfortunately waste away operating in there all your life. You cant grow as a person in your comfort zone.

Many people tout crap like joining the army as giving them direction blah blah blah...but all it actually did as force them into complexity and chaos - right out of their comfort zones. They were forced into changing/adapting....and therefor growing as people. One isolated jump out of your comfort zone wont change it all for good though...you need to keep going to keep growing...otherwise you'll just regress again eventually.

You need complexity and discomfort to feel/discover purpose and grow as  a person.

whether it is committing to doing the Munga if you are a weekend warrior, enrolling at Uni for the most difficult thing you can imagine doing well, quitting your cushy job or whatever.

You need to do things that are uncomfortable....

I'd suggest doing some community work. Sometimes helping those less fortunate gives us an appreciation for what we have an a realistic perspective of our lives. Take stock of everything and refocus on the goals that are really achievable and important.

We often are just unhappy because we keep comparing ourselves to others, and the stuff that used to bring us joy like being motivated to ride our bikes early in the morning are now a chore. Finding motivation will come when you find gratitude. Lots of good vibes for your journey.

Got a sobering moment yesterday, when we were leaving one of my Co workers was in a hurry so I asked why

He said he wanted to see if he can get to KFC before they close because he promised his daughter he would cause it's her birthday.

Just brought into perspective how many things I take for granted each day.

Helping the less fortunate is A good idea imo, if the OP ends up joining A force I'd suggest abroad although I don't know how that works for expats

snip

Helping the less fortunate is A good idea imo, if the OP ends up joining A force I'd suggest abroad although I don't know how that works for expats

relatively easy for under 35's from SA to join the British armed forces (as per their website) - being considered as part of the commonwealth pool of countries and all. You can then apply for PR after 2 years of service.

id still recommend only considering doing something like that with some sort of qualification behind your name so you can end up making an actual career out of it - relatively safe from the front lines lol.  They pay quite well too (market related public sector salaries).