Waterproof Jacket

Zama7

Can attest that under R1000 the Mac in a Sac from Trail shed or Trappers is a win.

I have a pink one that has done some BIG adventures. 2 EA's 1 x world champs AR in Reunion, at least 4 x 100 milers, 1 x 200 miler...... had some big storms, it's survived and keeps going strong.

I have a lighter and slightly more breathable Inov8 skin, but they don't make them anymore and like everything else even remotely similar, it costs twice as much.

The guys at BOLD gear make some amazing waterproof jackets too... rad sublimation and the breathebility is awesome. But again, R2000 plus change

Got it for R750 so pretty good deal, will look for a premium one on special later on... For a proper waterproof one should you look at 10 000mm?

I purchased one of these online during lockdown. Admittedly I've never been a huge fan of First Ascent but this product looked pretty good from the spec. So I ordered it online direct from FA and after 2 days it was delivered. Took it for a spin in some heavy drizzle and was really impressed! Its not GoreTex quality - but you get more than what you a paying for in terms of keeping water out. Lightweight with some subtle reflector strips - I was happy with this (and I ride regularly in the Cape on those miserable winter mornings). I have a more durable shell for downpours - but this will do well for light rain and wind:https://www.firstascent.co.za/diverge-waterproof-cycling-jacket

Anyone tried the first accents x trail jackets? Know it is a ladies link but found one at sportsman's on sale

https://www.firstascent.co.za/ladies-x-trail-running-jacket

I have a few of the mens versions. They are great running jackets. I have abused mine a bit with 100 milers, Adventure races, hiking, fishing and just general use.

In Scotland they did reach their limit after about 12 hours of persistent rain but ya -Scotland. They are not the warmest but will keep you dry and are comfy to run in and cycle in. They also pack really small and have a hand strap so if you worried about rain on a short run you can slide a hand through and carry it easily. They pack small enough for a cycling shirt pocket as well.