South Africa’s First Subscription Box for Cycling Gear

News bot

I am trying to understand how this works....
You pay R498 for 3 months and then get 1 (ONE) box after the 3 months for a total price of roughly R1500? 

Or 

You pay R498 and get 1 box after each month that you pay like a normal subscription box?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You pay R498 for 3 months and then get 1 (ONE) box after the 3 months for a total price of roughly R1500?

Or

You pay R498 and get 1 box after each month that you pay like a normal subscription box?

First one

Or 

You Pay 498X3 then you receive your first box. So in total you pay R1500 for for a box.

You Pay 498X3 then you receive your first box. So in total you pay R1500 for for a box.

And if that's even R1000 worth of kit I'd be surprised... my guestimates are around R800

This principal works if the box is worth R3k (as you obviously always get bits you don't really want or need)

Sad that they appear to have missed the boat. 

I just did a quick tally of what its all worth and the coffee is by far the most expensive item!

4 x Bars @ R25 = R100

Smoove = R130

Energade = R20

Buff = R20

Pepper Spray = R300

4 x Coffee @ R210 per KG = R840

Aliexpress glasses = R150

Total = R1560

I honestly wouldnt want R840 worth of coffee beans in cycling box!

I just did a quick tally of what its all worth and the coffee is by far the most expensive item!

4 x Bars @ R25 = R100

Smoove = R130

Energade = R20

Buff = R20

Pepper Spray = R300

4 x Coffee @ R210 per KG = R840

Aliexpress glasses = R150

Total = R1560

I honestly wouldnt want R840 worth of coffee beans in cycling box!

Your numbers are a bit off wrt the coffee, they are 4 x 250g bags so 1kg in total. This is a proper scam!

Your numbers are a bit off wrt the coffee, they are 4 x 250g bags so 1kg in total. This is a proper scam!

Oh Wow, I found them online in 1kg bags so I assumed thats what they were. 

That suddenly drops the value to less than R1000 worth of stuff that you probably have already

Don't know what you expected. Lucky packets have traditionally been a load of crap

My feelings exactly.I would never sign up for this nor advise anyone to.

An assortment of wine is a totally different kettle of fish and is nothing new.

That actually depends on the coffee and is more applicable to the every day rubbish you get at the grocery store.

Your higher quality coffees have a longer shelf life and can even taste better after settling for a while.

The first few days/weeks and sometimes even months are their settling phase during which the flavor can vary. These will usually taste possible better or at least more consistent between days if allowed to settle.

I have found that Terbadore has a good shelf life, I usually buy 6+ 250g bags, my last order was 12. They never taste old, and I have actually tasted old coffee. Tastes miff.

The guys like Merkarva, 18 and Balance are likely to be the same, you’ll find the mass produced ones will probably go old faster as they have a more rushed roasting process, hek they probably burning it right then and there.

For me the sweet spot is a max of 3 weeks after roasting. I don't claim to know a heck of alot about coffee, so that's just a preference thing for me.

The Woolies at Waterstone has a roastery with a few beans to choose from, the Kenya AA Blue Mountain is my favaourite (this is not the prepackaged Woolies stuff).

As for Merkava, ok in a pinch, but hell their coffee is burnt.

Anyway, this all kinda points to the ridiculousness of putting a kg of coffee beans into a bag when people's taste / preference, and even coffee making equipment they have available to them varies so much.

This lucky packet thing will fail in 6 months if they don't deliver at least what is promised (and even then it's a gamble).

Seems like a proper scam... Bur from that "boxes getting packed and on their way soon" shot on facebook, they only have 8 subs....

1500 bucks towards bike stuff i actually want is way better than some spray painted box of ***.

For me the sweet spot is a max of 3 weeks after roasting. I don't claim to know a heck of alot about coffee, so that's just a preference thing for me.

The Woolies at Waterstone has a roastery with a few beans to choose from, the Kenya AA Blue Mountain is my favaourite (this is not the prepackaged Woolies stuff).

As for Merkava, ok in a pinch, but hell their coffee is burnt.

Anyway, this all kinda points to the ridiculousness of putting a kg of coffee beans into a bag when people's taste / preference, and even coffee making equipment they have available to them varies so much.

This lucky packet thing will fail in 6 months if they don't deliver at least what is promised (and even then it's a gamble).

For sure, I must give Woolies a try, I know what brands I like, and I do like trying new ones, but not a Kg at a time.

I prefer the small bags purely so that I can rotate.

a1401f077c16fa46fa120a772aaf726e.jpg

Lol

My feelings exactly.I would never sign up for this nor advise anyone to.

An assortment of wine is a totally different kettle of fish and is nothing new.

I once signed up for a skincare range.. Okay I knew what I was getting in the box and the product was good but I just didn't use half the stuff that was sent . In fact 8 years later and still have some of the products unopened. I should really clear out that cabinet. [emoji53]