My neighbours smoke an insane amount of weed.

LukeV-2

I live in a Balwin-style property, where you have 4 levels and all share a common stairwell. I stay on one of the upper levels, so I pass a few other apartment doors on the way up.

Each day, without fail, when you walk past a particular door, you can't avoid smelling the strongest smell of weed, almost like you are in the same room as the smoker.

Now, if you want to do that, that's cool. It's your choice I guess, and it's legal for private use, but is there anything we can do to prevent needing to smell this every time we come home / leave? It's super unpleasant, and also, a bit sucky to bring guests over (when we can legally) and just being like "Welcome to our house, don't mind the incredibly strong smell of weed. Enjoy your meal."

Weed smoker are usually super chilled. Maybe have a chilled chat. Even better have a smoke with them and explain your point.

Maybe a nice smelling POT plant or two on the stair well near their door will help.

maybe lavender, eucalyptus, basil, thyme, mint rosemary

maybe on all the landings 

Or become their dealer...????

Yeah exactly, take an opportunity, and then you can stop complaining about your boss. #sidehussle

If its only on the stairwell then it's only an inconvenience for a few seconds when you walk past. Leave it be.

If it is permeating your home, then you have something to argue about and should take further action like getting the body Corp involved.

Edited by Eugene