Cannondale Scalpel Sizing

Slowbee

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like it might be towards a large.

Taking corners slow and steady are my thing. Non of this crazy pro let it all hang out type of thing.

Slowbee stop messing around, get a decent gravel bike and be done with it

Seems like it might be towards a large.

Taking corners slow and steady are my thing. Non of this crazy pro let it all hang out type of thing.

Just remember its an XC bike that's designed to have the front weighted. Going too long could result in a understeery bike that's not going to play lekker in the fast twisty stuff. 

Just remember its an XC bike that's designed to have the front weighted. Going too long could result in a understeery bike that's not going to play lekker in the fast twisty stuff. 

Lucky back water country roads together with the TransB. and 360one do not have to many twists. 

The odd twist at Sani is there, but like in the old days of solid steel suspension designs. You just simply ride whats in front of you. Like a medium that does not fit well #justride and stop whining!

So here is a question for the Hub brain crowd.

If I were to buy a large Cannondale Scalpel Si frame, would all the parts from my Spez Camber 2017 model fit ?

If I were to buy a large Cannondale Scalpel Si frame, would all the parts from my Spez Camber 2017 model fit ?

Shifters, bars, stem, seat, groupset.  Sure.

Seatpost?  

BB?

Wheels - hubs?

Edited by Spinnekop

You will need a new crank set.

You will a flat mount to post adaptor for the rear brake

You will need a headshok to 1&1/8th-1.5 reducing headset

You will need the rear wheel redished to the 6mm Ai offset oh yes it’s a 142mm rear hub spacing

If you getting it with a lefty you won’t need the headset but a compatible front wheel.

The biggest pain in your arse will be the crank. The bb is a pf30 83.

Bb386evo thread together units work well.but the axle is a problem as the hearing lands are not symmetric.

You’ll be stuck with

Cannondale hollowgram cranks with Ai axle

Gas cranks with stages E size axle

Rotor cranks and axle

SRAM Ai xx1 or Stylo Ai

I must really be the odd one out

I'm 1.83 and ride an XL (partly because I have really long legs 91 cm inseam, and partly because i bought it off my cousin for a sweet deal, so i made it work  :thumbup: )

I suppose a lot has to do with the type of rider you are. I've never been a dare devil so flying through the twists doesn't do it for me anyway. I've done 2 Trans and a Sani and a few route 66's with it and its awesome.

My Steed 

post-8094-0-46715300-1594374985_thumb.jpg

In the ongoing dramasaga, I got to ride a large scalpel si3 over the weekend.

The thing fit like a glove. I mean it was comfy as is, without even having a fit done I felt like I could ride it for days. The price however was not a good fit.

From the same shop I had the chance to ride a 2012 camber L. While not as comfy first time, a decent fit could get it more comfy. I was very much not over bar as with the medium. But the camber being older, had a better price at R22k (it is in the classifieds).

So now I have to decide on the future.