Is a thru axle a thru axle, or are there differences?

JacBrand

The Scott road disc bikes use 1.5mm pitch, which doesn't appear to be very common

I mean there's that one that even sells a different hanger depending on whether you are running SRAM or Shimano for crying out loud [emoji848]

But that's because the Shimano Direct-Mount derailleurs need a different hanger or an adapter. That's not really the bike brand's fault...

But that's because the Shimano Direct-Mount derailleurs need a different hanger or an adapter. That's not really the bike brand's fault...

I stand corrected, you can learn something new everyday, thanks!

And gravel bikes sometimes use bigger front axles on their forks than the road standard for through axle.

Check carefully as you may need a new hub.

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone.

I need a new thru axle for my 2019 RockShox Lyrik RC2 170mm 27.5". I’m not close to the old one, I thought I took a pic but it is clear that I did not. Where can I find out what the thread pitch is so that I can order a new one so long.

For the Lyrik you just need a Boost spaced Maxle. SRAM, Wolftooth, KCNC and several others make compatible ones. The SRAM ones have part numbers:

Maxle Ultimate: 00.4318.005.007

Maxle Stealth: 00.4318.005.019

Thread pitch is M15x1.5 and should be standard whatever through axle you go for

For the Lyrik you just need a Boost spaced Maxle. SRAM, Wolftooth, KCNC and several others make compatible ones. The SRAM ones have part numbers:

Maxle Ultimate: 00.4318.005.007

Maxle Stealth: 00.4318.005.019

Thread pitch is M15x1.5 and should be standard whatever through axle you go for

Ah okay. Thanks!