JHB Pollution

My GP told me to use A Vogel's throat spray also as it will assist with the nasal drip and sore throat..

My GP tried a bucket load of prescription meds for me over the years. Nothing worked.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a prescription nasal spray called Omnair.

Any form of non drowsy antihistamine

saline nasal rinses and sprays on and off to keep the passages clean and prevent dry nose and blood noses.

Andolex-C Throat spray when needed

and if push really comes to shove -  iliaden.

i hate the stuff. especially because of its rebound effect.

but sometime i get desperate enough and break down

When I met my wife she was addicted to nasal sprays, couldnt go an hour without it.

Eventually she switched to a non medicated spray and slowly stopped using them all together.

For that reason alone I stay away from the stuff unless really needed.

Kelvin power station

AECI modderfontein

Triomf 

Mines 

Those were the culprits when i was growing up in the metropolis of kempton park. Guess with the growing populations of alex and soweto and diepsloot etc where open fires are both a source of heat and for cooking in winter are a source these days. 

Air pollution has been recorded as being responsible for around 6 million premature deaths per year. Its the trade off of commerce and life. Far more than covid but look which one gets the attention. 

Edit: As we well know, Rock n Roll aint noise pollution but noise pollution has been estimated to kill about 200 000 ppl a year. Light pollution kills millions of animals and affects the climate in drastic ways....we dont seem to care. 

Edited by IceCreamMan

Yep Yep.

Especially now with the weather being what it is and the high pressure the air is very dry and as a result my nasal passages are like cracked river beds. The Hayfever city is also as a result of the cold air. Then you get pollen season from Spring.

As suggested i use a saline spray to moisten my nose when i can and it does help. When it gets really bad i go to a cortisone spray called Avamys which then helps the nasal passages - and i normally stay on that when i start until the rainy season is in full swing and its dampened down the dust.

Another thing i have noticed is that since i changed to a more banting diet my hayfever and allergic reactions were reduced. Use it or not....

This stuff is the business as soon as you start getting an itch in your throat - trust me - andolex has nothing on this and its natural/herbal.7c492e879dd4136bd616c57857c929f1.jpg

• 6 months later...

JHB getting another quick blast of Mpumalanga's finest air this morning. 

Who needs to breath anyway...

JHB getting another quick blast of Mpumalanga's finest air this morning.

Who needs to breath anyway...

I have read this has been an issue for a few days now apparently the problem is coming from Secunda

I have read this has been an issue for a few days now apparently the problem is coming from Secunda

I can believe that, its really bad on the East Rand sometimes

Ja, all the rain and clouds we've had the last couple weeks is causing the gases (hydrogen sulphide if I remember correctly) from increased production at Secunda to be 'trapped' underneath. (this seems to be the consensus) Then I assume the wind being exacerbated by the Moz storm are just pushing the gas clouds towards GP.

Everyone I know is having allergy type reactions, and those of us with asthma are sucking down air a little harder...

Its not great. 

Ja, all the rain and clouds we've had the last couple weeks is causing the gases (hydrogen sulphide if I remember correctly) from increased production at Secunda to be 'trapped' underneath. (this seems to be the consensus) Then I assume the wind being exacerbated by the Moz storm are just pushing the gas clouds towards GP.

Everyone I know is having allergy type reactions, and those of us with asthma are sucking down air a little harder...

Its not great.

A serious gemors.. Hope it clears soon.

A serious gemors.. Hope it clears soon.

Its also just giving a few more people a teeny glimpse to feel what its like to live in the worlds dirtiest air in MP.

This stuff is the business as soon as you start getting an itch in your throat - trust me - andolex has nothing on this and its natural/herbal.7c492e879dd4136bd616c57857c929f1.jpg

JBK , sorry I see no picture just numbers. Can you repost or give a name please.

I suffer from the same. It seems to come on with colder air, and or after hard training . I have been off the bike for three weeks after a very good streak in Dec. Very frustrating. 

Edited by Blokman

JBK , sorry I see no picture just numbers. Can you repost or give a name please.

I suffer from the same. It seems to come on with colder air, and or after hard training . I have been off the bike for three weeks.after a very good streak in Dec. Very frustrating.

KOFLET by Himalaya

As soon as I smelt it I thought it was from SickUnder...

I did almost 2 years of high school there, looking out upon the 'torches' of SASOL