Wahoo kicker skipping gears ?

Geared

Extremely helpful thank you, learn something everyday. 

Thank you, i suppose RTFM comes to mind, and this has motivated me to investigate another bike for the Trainer, i briefly considered it, and now i see it will be worth the money, to avoid this frustration. 

Probably gets a Bit easier with more experience and technical knowledge of the workings of the bike.

Another bike would be a bonus. Just remember to do the adjustments once you put your wheel back on. 

I had the same problem when I was using my MTB on the Kickr. Running a Sram XD cassette on the wheel and a Sunrace cassette on the Kickr. The cassettes were spaced differently, so the limit screws on the rear derailleur were always out when transitioning between the trainer and outdoor rides. 

Could be a bent hanger.

Does it change Well on the Wheel. ? (As a Normal Bike)

The Bike Could be sitting Skew on the Trainer.

Edited by dasilvarsa

Sheweee baptism by fire lol

thank you all, the videos helped, the comments helped me check certain things. 

We sat the whole weekend, trying different things, from the videos and others. 

Managed to do a spin down, managing to change gears now, and no changing gears on its own. 

The smallest gear and largest one still not perfect, smallest gear is 95% there , slight rough sensation at the bottom of the rotation, and on the largest one, its a bit noisy, chain rattle. Otherwise the rest seem ok no complaints. 

But cant really dial it in any further, no matter how we play with the front and rear derailer. 

Like someone mentioned it maybe a slightly bent derailer, cant really visually tell, but i am not 100% sure what i am looking for, or how it got bent, its only ever been on the trainer since brand new, and to get tuned up. Maybe i bumped somewhere in the process. 

At least now i can get my workouts in, which is the main thing. 

Could be your limit screws. Just be careful not to go to far out as you risk your chain dropping on lower end and you derailleur hitting your wheel. A bent hanger would've affected your other gears as well. 

A genuine question.

Why are you concerned about shifting on the Kickr?

Put your Kickr in Erg mode, pick any gear, leave it there,  and the trainer will adjust the resistance to match your cadence and ensure you are riding at the correct power.

Setting you gears to suit you trainer just means that you will have really bad shifting on the road.

A genuine question.

Why are you concerned about shifting on the Kickr?

Put your Kickr in Erg mode, pick any gear, leave it there,  and the trainer will adjust the resistance to match your cadence and ensure you are riding at the correct power.

Setting you gears to suit you trainer just means that you will have really bad shifting on the road.

So for Zwift you dont change gears?

So for Zwift you dont change gears?

Maybe in the ERG mode ....

Ridimg the roads and emjoying the interactive experience you certainly want to use the gears.

BUT .... Changing the gear settings rach time the bike is fitted to or removed from the trainer will be real pain ....

Dedicated bike for the trainer ....