Considering a new road bike need help

ArrieM

Hi all

Need some help please, considering a new road bike and would ideally like to get the following with a R30k budget. 

105 groupset 

disk brakes

carbon frame

Am I dreaming or is it possible?

Hi all

Need some help please, considering a new road bike and would ideally like to get the following with a R30k budget. 

105 groupset 

disk brakes

carbon frame

Going 2nd-hand is really worth it on a road bike.

Check the classifieds on here, use the filters, you will get some very nice options within your price range.

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/road-bikes/426045/cannondale-synapse

Hi all

105 groupset 

disk brakes

carbon frame

30895 gets you a 2019 Giant Defy and 31870 gets you a Giant TCR Advanced Disc. Those are RRP. If you talk sweetly to the shop you should get to 30k easily.

*Edit. Those are 2019 models.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I'm sure you can get a Titan for those specs and price, maybe a Merida too.

Although I'd also suggest looking at second hand options too, just in case.

he wants disc brakes ;) (not sure why though)

not this again... I didnt want to say anything.

lets find the recent thread and just add it here.

No one should pay R25k for mechanical disc brakes. In fact no one should pay any money for mechanical disc brakes. Unless it's proper disc brakes stick with lighter and better rim brakes.

but when you have "wants" and a limited budget then you have to take what you can get.

No one should pay R25k for mechanical disc brakes. In fact no one should pay any money for mechanical disc brakes. Unless it's proper disc brakes stick with lighter and better rim brakes.

Would go rim brakes over mechanical disc, I have both. 

Personally would go rim over any type of disc though..

Would go rim brakes over mechanical disc, I have both.

Personally would go rim over any type of disc though..

hahaha. I've got both discs and rim and I don't really get that when buying a bike on a budget this is your main concern. Discs brakes are nice but it's not (in my opinion) game changer, focus more on the set of wheels you're gonna get or the groupset for example, after all brakes are only for stopping, the rest is for cycling ???? Edited by Jbr

hahaha. I've got both discs and rim and I don't really get that when buying a bike on a budget this is your main concern. Discs brakes are nice but it's not (in my opinion) game changer, focus more on the set of wheels you're gonna get or the groupset for example, after all brakes are only for stopping, the rest is for cycling

100%