JHB Classic Steel & Vintage Cycling

Italian Passion

Hi All

We are hosting a Classic & Vintage ride on the first Sunday of each month starting at Makiti in the Cradel.  7:00 for 7:15.  It is very much a social ride and distance as per participants desires.  The aim is really to get classic enthusiasts together to show their bikes and an opportunity to discuss our passion.

Please join us, even if you don't yet have a classic bike.

Thanks

Greg Chamberlin

079 609 3555

May I ask what the (working) definition is of classic and vintage?

Hi All

We are hosting a Classic & Vintage ride on the first Sunday of each month starting at Makiti in the Cradel. 7:00 for 7:15. It is very much a social ride and distance as per participants desires. The aim is really to get classic enthusiasts together to show their bikes and an opportunity to discuss our passion.

Please join us, even if you don't yet have a classic bike.

Thanks

Greg Chamberlin

079 609 3555

Hi IT,

Any idea what route, pace and distance you guys will be doing Sunday. I am keen to join but like to ride from home. 

Thanks Jan

Hi Jan

It all depends on who arrives and we may split the groups. 

We will most likely head off past the Lion and Rhino park towards the circle just before the Pelindaba Rd.  From there the stronger riders can chose to continue the loop or alternatively turn back avoiding the two monsters.  Obviously, you can turn back at any point.

The pace will be from 20-25km/hr but based on everyone being comfortable.  It is not a training ride.

Riding from home sounds like a great idea - what bike are you bringing?

Hi Jan

It all depends on who arrives and we may split the groups. 

We will most likely head off past the Lion and Rhino park towards the circle just before the Pelindaba Rd.  From there the stronger riders can chose to continue the loop or alternatively turn back avoiding the two monsters.  Obviously, you can turn back at any point.

The pace will be from 20-25km/hr but based on everyone being comfortable.  It is not a training ride.

Riding from home sounds like a great idea - what bike are you bringing?

I have a Raleigh RC3000 Microsoft edition... Unfortunately not quite old enough, I think it is 2004.

• 2 months later...

Hello All

Note we are riding from Ground, https://www.groundthevenue.com/ (the old Something Country) on Sunday at 7:15, meeting at 7:00

Please join us and bring along a nice piece of steel if possible (but all welcome).  We will ride past the Lion Park to the circle before Val Verde and back (although there are many opportunities to turn back earlier)  and then settle down to some coffee/breakfast and good conversation.

If you would like to be added to the WhatsApp group, please DM me.

post-53334-0-99828300-1606897488_thumb.jpeg

post-53334-0-30538600-1606897502_thumb.jpeg

We that are far away demand pictures !

These live on the WA group.

There are some serious bikes that roll the cradle during this monthly ride...it truly is something to behold.

I missed the last ride, but will do my utmost to join sunday. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday!

The weather appears to indicate a cloudy day after rain tomorrow so it will be lovely and fresh morning.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Welcome to 2021 - please stay safe.

We are having our first ride of the year this Sunday

6:45 for 7

At Ground

Speed form 20-25 - various small groups.  COVID friendly

Distance 30km ?