iPhone 12 release

Cois

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks bud, but my sources are a bit better than yours I suspect.

That's a bit of an open ended statement..

bit like you saying your dick is bigger than mine... but without photos we will never Know...

Apple is also investing huge amounts in supporting independent small and medium businesses to become authorised service centres and has done for a long time.

Only done so they can bypass the right to repair shitstorm.

Their investment in these service centers is costing them less than what a lawsuit will cost.

Apple is just as evil as the rest of them. The only difference is the mask they wear is a more pleasing one. Just like the designs of their products.

Didn't sway my decision either. The ecosystem did. Everything I do revolves around Apple products in some way or another. Everything is connected and works together without any issues whatsoever. 

Only done so they can bypass the right to repair shitstorm.

Their investment in these service centers is costing them less than what a lawsuit will cost.

Apple is just as evil as the rest of them. The only difference is the mask they wear is a more pleasing one. Just like the designs of their products.

With the volume of products that apple sells, there is no physical way that they can maintain them using only their own physical stores/repair centres. They also have a vested interest in maintaining the level of quality of repair that customers expect from a premium brand. Similar to taking my Volvo to a Volvo Garage and insisting on genuine Volvo parts, not “a part that came from the same factory but is not branded so costs less”. As a result, it is very much in Apple’s interest that repairs are done in a way that ensures that quality is maintained and that customer experience is consistent.

As far as the “evil” allegation goes, you may be surprised if you dig a bit further than a random YouTube video or two.

That's a bit of an open ended statement..

bit like you saying your dick is bigger than mine... but without photos we will never Know...

[emoji23]- first time somebody ever asked for a dick pic from me.

Sorry about the open ended statement. I work for Apple and have experience of dealing with many service partners and can assure you that that’s not indicative of the relationship with most of them.

I work for Apple

So my latest purchase and years of support pays your salary. 

Good, now that we've established that you work for me you can definitely pass on the final release of macOS Big Sur and also confirm that the future Macs will have touch screens. 

:clap:

Good, now that we've established that you work for me you can definitely pass on the final release of macOS Big Sur and also confirm that the future Macs will have touch screens.

[emoji1782]

You can just download a beta profile and install it, no need for insider access lol

Didn't sway my decision either. The ecosystem did. Everything I do revolves around Apple products in some way or another. Everything is connected and works together without any issues whatsoever. 

I dont find that Apple devices work any better together than say Android and Windows.

The single advantage is Airdrop and its not that big of a deal.

I have had iPhones for ages and my daily driver laptop is a MBP, they dont play with each other any better than my Windows desktop does.

Maybe its different if you are actively using iCloud but Im pretty specific about where I put data in terms of cloud storage so iCloud doesnt work for me.

To be honest, to many people like myself this whole repair thing doesn’t even feature in the decision of what phone to buy.

Hypothetical scenario:

You have a phone that you are about to upgrade and you drop it resulting in a cracked screen.

The old phone was an iPhone X, still fairly valuable in the second hand market.

Now you either get the screen repaired by Apple for around R5k(last official price I heard from Core) which then means you will make next to nothing on the sale, or you get it repaired elsewhere for a lot less.

You wouldnt be able to do that with an iPhone 12 because Apple says you cant.

This was the exact scenario a friend of mine experienced recently.