Rear Derailleur Clutch

TheoG

That is something I’m considering.

R4000 upgrade

Cassette + microspline body

Yip, eina, thats why I'm still stuck on 11sp.  Just cant justify spending to go to 12sp YET ...   :D 

Been riding sram eagle axs. Was on xtr for 10 plus years and will never go back. The electric derailleur is brilliant.

My XT rear mech and shifter has over 4000km on it and I have not had any issues. Maintenance is key

XX1 rear derailleur, shifter and cassette  have over 12000km on them. Zero issues.

If you use the XX1 chains the cassette can probably last another 12Kkm

Yes, sorry, my comment hinged on you running XT. XT is in my opinion well and trully bullet proof.

SLX is better than SX or NX (which are both really crap), but dont hold up well against GX. 

However, if it was my money being spent on an upgrade, I would go XT - Just replace your current SLX mech with an XT, and leave everything else as is.

XX1 rear derailleur, shifter and cassette have over 12000km on them. Zero issues.

Diesel, why would/does the XX1 chain make such a difference?

FWIW, I ran the same GX RD/cassette combo for about 10k km without issues. Although I haven't had problems with my XT either.

Diesel, why would/does the XX1 chain make such a difference?

FWIW, I ran the same GX RD/cassette combo for about 10k km without issues. Although I haven't had problems with my XT either.

The rollers and pins are harder than the GX chains.

I get about 2000km from a GX chain and and XO1 chain on my previous bike. Then an XX1 and it lasted around 5-6000km

on y current bike I've gone through 2 XX1 chains in a little over 12000km. 3rd chain is currently fitted

The XX1 cassettes also have a harder coating but my XO1 cassette has lasted very well so I reckon using the best chain is a big factor in the longevity of the drivetrain

See my XT mech only has 4000km on it because I've only done 4000km to date  :thumbup:

XX1 rear derailleur, shifter and cassette  have over 12000km on them. Zero issues.