Tour de France 2021

gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Patchelicious said:

He will in any case. That guy is a machine!

Push his own limits yes, push the elements, Not so sure, His 1st TdF, Doubt he would want today to be his last stage, I'm sure the teams DS will probably be in their ears all the time warning them of the risks etc anyway.

Machine - Most DEF

Bissenger was still within 20s of the fastest time at the first split. So not too bad, especially considering his power slide 

1 minute ago, Mountain Bru said:

Rain might help MVDP stay in yellow if the likes of JA and WVA take fewer risks on the course and don't give it max berries.

Are there time bonuses for winning a TT?

Really good that most GC contenders will run in similar conditions. Well, as long as we don't see a sudden increase in the rain

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

M Bjerg sets a massively impressive time. 

Might be sitting on that hotseat for a while. 

Bjerg's time was superb. Average of 48km/hr is flying over that course

1 hour ago, FootballingCyclist said:

It really is insane though when he is a favorite of many to win stages here and there at Grand Tours, He is a favorite to win any Cyclocross race he enters, He is now a favorite to win the Olympic MTB race, That's 1 sport yes but 3 completely different disciplines. 

I can't think of anyone before him who has dominated all 3 of the above?

we'd need to go back to a time when MTB started to become a main stream sport and that was around the late 80's to early 90's. There were guys racing XCO +CX and CX + Road but not XCO+CX+Raod (except for a few exceptions here and there). The transition from XCO to road was tried by the like of Christoph Dupoy and Miguel Martinez but none were too successful. The most successful MTBer in the road scene was Cadel Evans until Mathieu van der Poel came along. He is really a trend setter in the multi discipline arena. Pidcock looks to be the next guy. we may see more rider make the transitions as the sports science behind the required training becomes more understood and accepted. Still lots of traditional thinkers amongst the coaching fraternity.

1 hour ago, DIPSLICK said:

After seeing Froome hit the deck, I commend his TT considering most of us thought he is on his way home

I though we'd seen the last of Chris as a professional cyclist so super stoked for him to have had a decent ride today. Chapeau!!

32 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

???? I'm part of the statistics now. Fortunate that my isolation period coincides with the TDF

That's crap news man. Heal up and best wishes for your recovery. Mine's been a steady recovery back to pre-covid fitness. I was a 3 monther

Edited by DieselnDust

3 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Bissenger was still within 20s of the fastest time at the first split. So not too bad, especially considering his power slide 

That was 90% the motorbike's fault, left way to late and blocked the view of the corner, then hampered his line choice stopping and likely brroke his consetration also. That cut all his rythem though the corner. Motorbike Driver should be banned for rest of the event.

Accidents, raining towards the mid range GC TT  , idiots on the  side of the road with get well soon signs motorbikes doing who knows what just happened 

I reckon post of the Tour 21 so far is starting to ring true

the winner might just be the LAST RIDER STANDING ????????

Bissenger finishes just 21s down on Bjerg. 

No way to know if he could have won it in the dry. 

Going to be tough for the others to put in a winning time now

7 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

So apparently it will be quicker if you shave the front of your leg and leave the back of your calf hairy according to Dan Bingham and research done LOL.

Off to the bathroom I go.

to shed some weight or shave some weight?

6 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Goes 6s short of the fastest time at the finish line. Conditions are drying out. The stage is back up for grabs

that last right hander is a biatch.