Tour de France 2021

gummibear

30 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

Its not fair that one human has so much talent.

I hope he gets crushed today.

*appropriate font

Haha..  Talking about all round talent.. just wait until they let Tom Pidcock loose in the grand Tours. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, JA-Q001 said:

I take it you mean Alaphillipe as World Champ, because Gana is TT World Champ and he isn't riding.

Yes, I am referring to Alaphilipe. If Ganna was riding there would not even have been a debate about the result :) 

Edited by dsw

56 minutes ago, dsw said:

Today should tell us whether Geraint and Roglic have recovered enough to be still seen as serious competitors for yellow and also whether Carapaz has improved his time trialing skills sufficiently not to lose too much time to Pogacar. 

For stage honours I would put my money on Stefan Kung but will not discount the chances of Van Aert or even the world champion. 

Agreed Stefan Kung should have a great chance...there is also another swissie by the name of Stefan Bissiger who is very handy on a TT bike.

The GC contenders TT is going to be interesting to see how the recent events have affected them, according to JB 2 days after a crash is the worst.... thats today

9 minutes ago, dsw said:

Haha..  Talking about all round talent.. just wait until they let Tom Pidcock loose in the grand Tours. 

he's on the Ineos team right? That means he's going to be riding in a line and won't be more than an arm's length away from them, watching the cyclocross riders having fun

3 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

You and I both know I’ll be paying that bet whether he quits today or wins on in Paris. This is more about baiting others into supporting their local puppies and kitties ????

DJuice, your family’s actions gives us hope in humanity! ????  Please PM the details so that we can make arrangements. 

Ok regardless of whether he gets to Paris in green (because he will get to Paris) I will post photos of my dog and cat food donations and challenge others to 

BUT when Cav gets to Paris Patch is eating a dog biscuit 

pa I can’t see him passing the other guys record although I really wish he would because for some reason he has godlike status amongst cyclists whilst others who also cheated are demonized  - lest we forget Eddy introduced my hero to the the Italian doctor 

9 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

he's on the Ineos team right? That means he's going to be riding in a line and won't be more than an arm's length away from them, watching the cyclocross riders having fun

It'll be a(nother) weird Ineos team. 6000 GC fav's and Piddy attacking left right and centre causing havoc for his mates in the race behind.

7 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

It'll be a(nother) weird Ineos team. 6000 GC fav's and Piddy attacking left right and centre causing havoc for his mates in the race behind.

Seemed to work quite well in the Classics he raced in.  Might be a bit different in the tours.

57 minutes ago, NickGM said:

I'm not sure if you mean an africanis, or a seriously weird looking person of dutch heritage?

(I'm kidding obviously and agree with all the other comments about your brilliant charity work)

NickGM

Yes you are correct africanis!

They make wonderful pets, not sure if it due to their upbringing but if you take one in, they are well mannered and very loyal.

9 minutes ago, shaper said:

Seemed to work quite well in the Classics he raced in.  Might be a bit different in the tours.

Gonna be a very interesting Olympic MTB race with Pidcock taking on MvDP (the 2 favorites), MvDP has racing in his legs and Tom crashed about a month back, so not ideal prep, But wouldn't it be great to see them battle it out in the GT stages..

9 minutes ago, shaper said:

Ja cut from similar cloth as Wout, and he ... well, I think he's worked well for TJV (in a GC setting), I've sometimes been confused at his goal and role, but I'm certain he's added serious value and firepower, as would Pidcock.

Either way I'd like to see him in as many race-stages as possible. 

1 hour ago, Chris_ said:

Its not fair that one human has so much talent.

I hope he gets crushed today.

*appropriate font

It really is insane though when he is a favorite of many to win stages here and there at Grand Tours, He is a favorite to win any Cyclocross race he enters, He is now a favorite to win the Olympic MTB race, That's 1 sport yes but 3 completely different disciplines. 

I can't think of anyone before him who has dominated all 3 of the above?

44 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

It depends how they will use him.

The difference between him and the other cyclocross riders is that he is probably the best climber of the lot (being a small light rider who has already won the Baby Giro) so he might ride as a protected rider targetting the overall win. I think I have read somewhere that he wants to target GC's at some stage. 

I doubt very much whether they will use him as a domestique.