Scott syncros 1 piece carbon wheel

NickGM

I took quite a fancy to this bike and was seriously considering a used one advertised on the Hub.

My two concerns were the wheels in the event of a crash (there is apparently a factory warranty allowing a 50% discount on replacements, in the event of a crash, but I was unable to confirm it)

and then those beautiful syncro's one-piece bars which do not allow any stem adjustment.

Still a really cool looking machine.

Congrats. As much money as that is, I think it's a great deal!

With that fork fitted the bike deserves a dropper though!

agreed. its still a ton of money, but then the opportunity to own a bike of this caliber for that price could not be passed up.

as for a dropper, its in the works, just need to recover from the shock i currently have when viewing the bank account!

These are cool if you're a millionaire  :D

Well you have to start out being a billionaire then buy these till you're a millionaire....

Would like to see how well they hold up in the African environment

so the backup on these wheels is not great.

50% price reduction in the 1st year of ownership

30% price reduction in the 2nd year of ownership

20% price reduction in the 3rd year of ownership

thankfully i have insurance. silly not to these days

so the backup on these wheels is not great.

50% price reduction in the 1st year of ownership

30% price reduction in the 2nd year of ownership

20% price reduction in the 3rd year of ownership

thankfully i have insurance. silly not to these days

congrats on the new bike btw, shes a beaut!

congrats on the new bike btw, shes a beaut!

thanks

i'm toying with the idea of increasing the fork to 120mm from 110mm.

its a very simple conversion - the standard version of this fork is 120mm.

its fully capable of it and i think the extra travel will go a long way

thanks

i'm toying with the idea of increasing the fork to 120mm from 110mm.

its a very simple conversion - the standard version of this fork is 120mm.

its fully capable of it and i think the extra travel will go a long way

It will raise the bb as well which will help with pedalling through rocky terrain. It's the main reason why Nino has his at 110mm. The sparks bb is pretty much one of the lowest when the bike is sagged

I took quite a fancy to this bike and was seriously considering a used one advertised on the Hub.

My two concerns were the wheels in the event of a crash (there is apparently a factory warranty allowing a 50% discount on replacements, in the event of a crash, but I was unable to confirm it)

and then those beautiful syncro's one-piece bars which do not allow any stem adjustment.

I’ve got the Fraser bars on my Spark. Because I’ve had a few bikes and bike fittings before I was quite happy that once selecting the right one at build I’d be comfortable.

A year later and still very happy. Problem is trying to mount any accessories to the bloody thing. I have the Syncros Garmin mount so that’s ok but a nightmare to try install a light, or number board etc.

Another big challenge if like me you travel. Fitting into a bike bag means removing from steerer as you can’t just remove the bar from the front of the stem. This is my biggest gripe.

It will raise the bb as well which will help with pedalling through rocky terrain. It's the main reason why Nino has his at 110mm. The sparks bb is pretty much one of the lowest when the bike is sagged

that is something i noticed on my first ride

i seemed to get more pedal strikes compared to what i am used to 

as an aside.

the wheel on this bike are quite simply astonishing.

when you are accelerating it honestly feels like there is no way on earth anyone other than another rider with the same wheels could keep up with you.

i have never felt anything like it. its a seriously big advantage for XC racers.

they also seem to just hold speed with minimal effort.

this bike is seriously next level.

i am afraid i am not a good enough rider to fully appreciate how impressive it really is

as an aside.

the wheel on this bike are quite simply astonishing.

This thread's about the wheels. So technically everything else is an aside. As far as I'm concerned you've purchased some synchros 1 piece wheels that just happen to have an incredibly beautiful bike attached to them.  

Does it really matter as insurance would replace it after a crash. 

Same for the guys rolling on old mad fibers, when those things break they get to buy a small island or some Mielstiens.

This thread's about the wheels. So technically everything else is an aside. As far as I'm concerned you've purchased some synchros 1 piece wheels that just happen to have an incredibly beautiful bike attached to them.  

too true.

they are cheating. they really are that good.