Giro d' Italia 2021

'Dale

2 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Finishing at 1500ish altitude, the revised route after a cable car ???? incident (these are strange times). All eyes on the Maglia Rosa who showed a bit of fragility. I suspect he needed a gel or two rather. 

BDD42CDA-84E3-463D-A427-416FBB190F57.jpeg

Great observation from Horner. When he say Bernal eating on then final climb he suspected Bernal was in trouble

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chris_ said:

Speaking of Sagzz, this year could be one of the lowest ever points jersey tallies by the end. I suppose this speaks to the success of the breakaways (or route planning? dunno). 

I know I missed the middle week of Giro, but apart from one or two days in the beginning I feel like I've seen no sprinting. 

Giro doesn't normally  have many sprint stages hey. That's one of the reasons why the sprinters leave early.. It's a tough old race. 

Edited by Gen

Will interesting to see what tactics Caruso & Yates unveil to wrestle the maglia rosa from Bernal come Sunday.

I think they somehow need to crack him mentally today if they can, not gaining much time today could make it difficult tomorrow.

May the strongest legs prevail.

The ITT is going to be interesting as Bernal isn't the biggest engine.

A flat 30km after the next 2 days could see some time bled too. Nowhere to hide at that speed!

3 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

A flat 30km after the next 2 days could see some time bled too. Nowhere to hide at that speed!

Less than a minute lead on the final day will definitely make things interesting. Flashbacks of TDF 2020 anyone?!

2 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Sagan been fined some swiss franks. UCI saying him and Bora were intimidating the riders they didn't want in the break. Anyone see the incident unfold?

Lucky laddie still has the ciclimino and not a points deduction. Play silly games, win silly prizes and all that...

1 minute ago, lechatnoir said:

3 weeks ago, if someone had said that Team Qhubeka ASSOS would have more wins that DQS, they'd have been laughed under the table. Probably for suggesting any wins at all, actually. 

Yes, it is evident that the WolfPack is desperate for some wins. Deceunick stepped out of sponsorship mos. They need sponsors. Patrick will be a bit more nervous than usual. 

Very happy that Bellissimo Bettiol also got one up for the team on 'Dales. I am still reflecting on what a superb ride that was, especially after serving Hughie so well in the mountains 2 days ago.

37 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

On stage 1 Caruso beat Yates, who marginally beat Egan.

4x the distance, same profile, broken legs all round, I'm looking forward to it...

Edit: and Vlasov smoked them all, but he'll need to do something pretty special to be able to get close

Edited by Chris_

4 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Yes, it is evident that the WolfPack is desperate for some wins. Deceunick stepped out of sponsorship mos. They need sponsors. Patrick will be a bit more nervous than usual. 

Very happy that Bellissimo Bettiol also got one up for the team on 'Dales. I am still reflecting on what a superb ride that was, especially after serving Hughie so well in the mountains 2 days ago.

Almeida off the leash is certainly capable, and after riding around Italy in the wind for 3 weeks, I wonder what Ganna's legs are like? Could play into Cavagna's hands nicely.

I suspect Carthy would be looking at Bettiol's performance and thinking he'd like a bit of that glory too. He's <3min off the podium and a strong stage win on either of the mountain-top finishes can see him get that back easily. Actually, that goes for any of the guys in the top 10, so plenty of opportunity to bounce up the leader board.

27 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

Tell you what, if Joao can pull another cracker out of the bag today or tomorrow, he could throw a real spanner in the works come TT day.

Oooo I like this scenario

Ja but how much will a big effort today or tomorrow costs him at the ITT.... It's a risk worth taking.. All set up for a great final day.