Giro d' Italia 2021

'Dale

10 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

If Yates wants to win, he's gonna have to isolate Bernal on the first climb tomorrow and do a proper Froomey. And then hope he can hold his advantage in the ITT

stage-20-profile.jpg.3acb2132d8c7bb3b008909205261e8e7.jpg

Dropping Castroviejo and Martínez early seems an almost impossible task right now. 

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. 

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That took quite a bit out of all the legs out there today. Bike Exchange will be eyeing a repeat of today... IF their legs can manage it. Same for QDS. If this kicks off again tomorrow, and a rider goes 'poof', minutes will be shed.

I don't think anyone has the team to beat Ineos right now. As Egan said, its the team that is wearing the maglia rosa right now.

btw the Inoes riders this race are all romance language speakers (if I am not mistaken) ie no Anglo-saxons. Interesting ...

Smart riding by Ineos - keep Bernal protected from the wind as long as possible and ride a constant pace to the top avoiding the accelerations. It worked well with Bernal only losing a handful of seconds.

I feel bad for Almeida - strongest finisher but timed it wrong. Again!

Bring on Stage 20. Come on Almeida! You can do it!!!!!

Edited by Eldron

So where's the smart money on today? 

Leave the attack till the final climb? And probably run out of real estate before you can make a chunky dent in GC...

Or try something outrageous on the climb/s before? And worry about a good chance of blowing yourself up... 

2 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

So where's the smart money on today? 

Leave the attack till the final climb? And probably run out of real estate before you can make a chunky dent in GC...

Or try something outrageous on the climb/s before? And worry about a good chance of blowing yourself up... 

Would love to see them try something outrageous and Yates going for the win. It'll have to be next level outrageous (border line Floyd Landis stuff) though to make up 3 minutes on Bernal. 

But if that's the plan, why on earth are Bike Exchange pacing? Surely it would make more sense to make Ineos pace on the flats?

Those donkeys 100% just ran over to watch the cyclists go by. 

Day made. Hahaha

6 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Would love to see them try something outrageous and Yates going for the win. It'll have to be next level outrageous (border line Floyd Landis stuff) though to make up 3 minutes on Bernal. 

But if that's the plan, why on earth are Bike Exchange pacing? Surely it would make more sense to make Ineos pace on the flats?

When a team is ahead, they have earned the advantage of sitting back and have others chase the GC contest.

Ineos will flatly refuse to pace and would benefit from cruising to the foot of the climbs. 

1 minute ago, 'Dale said:

When a team is ahead, they have earned the advantage of sitting back and have others chase the GC contest.

Ineos will flatly refuse to pace and would benefit from cruising to the foot of the climbs. 

That's why the others need to do something crazy. There's no way (underlined and in bold) you can out-lead-out Ineos. 

Must be honest and admit I’ve never seen the support cars drive passed the peloton/convoy.

44 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Ineos are not going to do the pacing,its up to the others now