Roglic's extraordinary performance in Paris-Nice

Chris NewbyFraser

100% agree

You think that performance was amazing? You should see this dude called MvP.

BUT we don't like Roglic, but we like MvP, popularity is the REAL test for PEDs.

Two grand tours, two lost on the last day, must be heart breaking for Roglic.

I'm a fan, hope he put it firmly behind him and fight another day ...

The likes of Van Aert and MVP bring another dynamic to cycling that has not been seen before, the cyclocross backround is throwing a big spanner in the works, its predominantly 100's of little attacks over 1-1.30h race, these guys are built completely different and race differently when they are road racing, if we look back, look how Sagan brought a new dynamic and dominated cycling for a good period because of a mtb backround or cavendish because of a track backround.

Anyways lets also remember how MVP blew up at World Champs after putting in a massive unassisted attack to catch the leading group, we dont have to look too far to see how pogacar reeled in nearly 3 minutes to just about catch MVP and nearly steal a ridiculous win considering mvp was 20 minutes slower the day before and well recovered whereas pogacar won the previous stage on a monster of a climb. I rate lets appreciate these balsy attacks from far out, cycling is so great right now that i cant remember watching a boring race in a good while.

The youngsters have turned these races upside down and its just great to see right now.

To add to your post, Pogacar looked as fresh as a daisy after nearly chasing van der Poel down, while vdP was totally shattered and nearly out on his feet from the effort.

I love cycling at this point.  It became quite monotonous with the Sky way of racing.  These young guys, are redefining the sport.  Even the sprinter stages are becoming more fun to watch.

Carry on youngsters.  

The likes of Van Aert and MVP bring another dynamic to cycling that has not been seen before, the cyclocross backround is throwing a big spanner in the works, its predominantly 100's of little attacks over 1-1.30h race, these guys are built completely different and race differently when they are road racing, if we look back, look how Sagan brought a new dynamic and dominated cycling for a good period because of a mtb backround or cavendish because of a track backround.

Anyways lets also remember how MVP blew up at World Champs after putting in a massive unassisted attack to catch the leading group, we dont have to look too far to see how pogacar reeled in nearly 3 minutes to just about catch MVP and nearly steal a ridiculous win considering mvp was 20 minutes slower the day before and well recovered whereas pogacar won the previous stage on a monster of a climb. I rate lets appreciate these balsy attacks from far out, cycling is so great right now that i cant remember watching a boring race in a good while.

The youngsters have turned these races upside down and its just great to see right now.

Which other grand tour did he lose on the last day? I can only recall the tour last year?

Sorry had it wrong, thought Paris-Nice is also a grand tour but just saw its not.

"To finish first, you first must finish" - Charles Jarrott  - Yip, dis hoe dit is !

Sorry had it wrong, thought Paris-Nice is also a grand tour but just saw its not.

"To finish first, you first must finish" - Charles Jarrott  - Yip, dis hoe dit is !

To be fair, in 2020 the Nice-Paris cycle race WAS a grand tour