Thule EuroWay G2 3 Bike Carrier query

Choppie

I'm in the market for a new towball bike carrier. I require something that could carry 3 MTB's.

Will the Thule Euroway G2 3 bike carrier actually fit 3 MTB's or is there something else from Thule that would work better?

Anyone with experience with these... would appreciate your feedback before I make a decision.

Most Thule bike carriers can manage the number of bikes that they are stated for.

I have a Thule velocompact, which is a 3 bike carrier.

however you can buy an adaptor for adding a 4th bike.

I have added the adaptor and its all works.

You just need to stagger bikes.

Big bike, small bike, big bike , small bike.

We also alternate direction.

Front wheel left then next bike front wheel right, and repeat

Im sure you can make it work lots of ways , but that works for us in terms of 4 bikes.

This might not be the case for the Thule, but I have a hang on Buzzrack for three bikes. There is no way I would ever considder loading three bikes on that and I don't think is possible. Two is easy.

I will always buy a rack for one bike more than I need, just in case.

My Thule VeloCompact 2 bike fits 2 29er boost spacing bikes but it is tight and i need to place a small spacer between the the fork and rear stays of the two bikes.

I’m sure you’ll be fine. Pool noodles time!

I have the Thule HangOn 3. It's a struggle with 2 bikes. 

I am also in the market for a EuroWay, so keen to see what others that have one have to say.

I'm in the market for a new towball bike carrier. I require something that could carry 3 MTB's.

Will the Thule Euroway G2 3 bike carrier actually fit 3 MTB's or is there something else from Thule that would work better?

Anyone with experience with these... would appreciate your feedback before I make a decision.

I've got the Thule Euroway G2 3 bike rack. With some practice and fiddling I can fit three 29er MTBs. Dropper posts / removing seatposts makes it a bit easier. Depending on bike sizes and positioning there is generally some contact so something like the Imbi or a pool noodle is useful. 

If find the main challenge is with dual suspension bikes and ensuring that the arm for the 2nd and 3rd bike each has a clear path through the frames to clip onto the bike. There are ways it works best and once I got used to laying out the bikes accordingly it works fine.

I have had two of these,different generations of course...

The 3 bike takes two 29ers and 3 road bikes,and not at the same time 

Edited by Kranswurm

I have a Euroway G2 3-bike.

Technically: Yes, I guess you can fit 3 bikes with tons of fiddling and scratching.

Practically: I wouldn’t even consider it, 2 bikes only just don’t make contact. If you don’t mind removing seatposts and turning bars, I guess it’s workable. If you want a load-and-go within 2 minutes setup, you’ll be disappointed.

Overall: As a 2-bike carrier, the 3-bike version is a dream to use.

Edited by Martin Hattingh

As a general rule, for road bikes it'll take the stated capacity. Mountain bikes if non-Boost will fit with some high level Tetris. Boost you'll only fit 3 bikes on if you don't like your paintwork.

Velospace and Easyfold are the two that'll have the best chance of doing the job.

I love my roof mount bike racks. Over the weekend we had hassles with the 2 bike Thule version and one bike was a 26er...

I’m in awe of you. After a 106km trail ride I’ll never have the power to lift a bike on a roof, I once tried with a friend and it didn’t end well ????

I refrain from putting 3 bikes on my 3 x bike Thule. Even with 1 x large full sus, 1x 20" and 1 x 24"

When I do, I always have to turn the handlebars of at least one of them and take a pedal or 2 off. 

As Droo pointed out, its high level Tetris, and you need some level of frame protection. 

I’m in awe of you. After a 106km trail ride I’ll never have the power to lift a bike on a roof, I once tried with a friend and it didn’t end well

The secret is to never do 106km rides like me. I do battle at times, especially with the higher roof racks on my SUV.