Photo Story: Cross Cape - Plettenberg Bay to Stellenbosch

Bike Hub Features

The Cross Cape is a 750km bicycle friendly route from Plettenberg Bay to Stellenbosch. With just over 10 000m of climbing it truly is a gem of a ride. Now it doesn’t just head straight up the N2, but rather takes in some of the best gravel roads and mountain passes that the Garden Route and lower Karoo offer.

Earlier this month Rae Trew-Browne went to a solo mission to discover what the Cross Cape route has to offer. If you're following Bike Hub on Instagram or Facebook you'd have seen some snippets of his daily adventures.

Here is a photo filled recap of Rae's trip.

Click here to view the article

Looks like a great ride. Amazing how gravel bikes have taken off .When they appeared on the scene they were slated as just another  sales gimmick destined to follow the same route as fatbikes..

wow stunning. definitely one for the bucket list.

just one pet peave confession.... I got a slight tick in my neck every foto with his bike lying on the ground.

Amazing trip man, and really beautiful photos. So much to see on our doorstep. Bucket list, check

Wow, this should be marked NSFW :') getting very jealous looking at these pics from the office chair on a Tuesday morning! 

wow stunning. definitely one for the bucket list.

just one pet peave confession.... I got a slight tick in my neck every foto with his bike lying on the ground.

i think there's a hardline distinction between bikepacking and cycletouring - having a kickstand.

kickstands are AWESOME for loaded bikes(until they fall over), but it's pretty frowned upon by the velominati type.

what you will see is that he knows what he is doing, every single bike on its side is driveside up. ALWAYS driveside up.

i think there's a hardline distinction between bikepacking and cycletouring - having a kickstand.

kickstands are AWESOME for loaded bikes(until they fall over), but it's pretty frowned upon by the velominati type.

what you will see is that he knows what he is doing, every single bike on its side is driveside up. ALWAYS driveside up.

Saw that yes. Kudos to him.