Zwift - Tour Of Watopia 2021

RocknRolla

we  have a poet in our midst. who knew?

I’m exploring new ways to describe getting dropped.

perhaps a list can be compiled, for future reference...

Dropped like cow poop

like soft serve on a hot day by a toddler

like polystyrene at a taxi rank

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m exploring new ways to describe getting dropped.

perhaps a list can be compiled, for future reference...

Dropped like cow poop

like soft serve on a hot day by a toddler

like polystyrene at a taxi rank

Like a drummer by the Beatles

I have been having lots of fun chasing myself on these events. I don’t care if people I’m racing, aren’t racing me. 
stage 3 longer ride done, I kept on thinking, the group I’m riding in is dropping me on the climbs, but It didn’t happen, I set a virtual goal of not lower than position “x” and I am happy to report, that I came in quite a bit under that number.

I have been having lots of fun chasing myself on these events. I don’t care if people I’m racing, aren’t racing me.

stage 3 longer ride done, I kept on thinking, the group I’m riding in is dropping me on the climbs, but It didn’t happen, I set a virtual goal of not lower than position “x” and I am happy to report, that I came in quite a bit under that number.

Nice one. Was it tough? I think I will get to it on the weekend, if its still on.

Power dropped me with 4km to go to the longer Stage 2 ride. Gutted!

Nice one. Was it tough? I think I will get to it on the weekend, if its still on.

It’s like stage 2 but longer, with the little surprise of going up the KOM as a little “bonus” before finishing. I have always favoured the route in general, as it’s got a good balance between flats and climbs, without killing your legs with a 13% for 1 or 2 kms. Kinda like we got in jhb as a average ride in my valley.

will do shorter route tomorrow morning. I have anly done the route once before, so will see how it is to do it at a bit of pace ( using the word pace, very loosely here) 

It’s like stage 2 but longer, with the little surprise of going up the KOM as a little “bonus” before finishing. I have always favoured the route in general, as it’s got a good balance between flats and climbs, without killing your legs with a 13% for 1 or 2 kms. Kinda like we got in jhb as a average ride in my valley.

will do shorter route tomorrow morning. I have anly done the route once before, so will see how it is to do it at a bit of pace ( using the word pace, very loosely here)

OH please no, nothing can be like that stage 2, did it last night, toughest hour and a bit I have had on a bicycle, EVER!

Shorter ride this morning was most enjoyable. Small group, position indicator made me feel better than I actually am...

Well, thanks to the local municipality and my own stupidity, I've missed stage 2 completely. I'll do the shorter ride in the catch up week and try hit both stage 3 rides this weekend

Stage 4 longer ride  :eek:  Legs are still feeling it this morning. Also have an issue where Zwift did not credit me for completing it. Will take it easy on the shorter ride this afternoon

Hello

does anyone also suffer with signal getting lost and mr Avatar just stands there, so frustrated, did every possible troubleshooting but no luck.

Been Lazy the last couple of days, Rode outside this morning to get the head right. Stage 4 longer ride tomorrow and the short one on friday.

Lined up for ST4 longer ride now, going to attempt the bike-swap in the jungle, apparently the MTB makes a big difference. (Sigh.. the things we do to shave off seconds)

Hello

does anyone also suffer with signal getting lost and mr Avatar just stands there, so frustrated, did every possible troubleshooting but no luck.

What trainer do you have, what platform are you using (PC, Android, Mac, Ipad, Apple TV)?

I had some dropout issues a few weeks ago, on PC, but seems to have been resolved.

Every time I turned on my fan, the ANT+ would disconnect (as if I had pulled out the USB cable and plugged it back in) which Zwift did not appreciate. Now with the fan on a different extension cord, it seems to be stable again.

Edited by HdB