Starting to look for a replacement of my Apple Watch 6

Cois

I have been using my Apple watch series 5 without fail. The screen does have a few scratches, but that is just from me being very clumsy and my arms tend to swing into walls when I walk.

The Apple WWDC is coming up and they will be revealing their Apple watch series 7, with the usual HR and O2 sensors but they have now added the functionality of allowing us to listen to music straight from the watch without the need of Airpods.

Also sneak a previews of the code for WatchOS have revealed that there is code in the watchOS that will allow you to sync your watch with SRAM AXS devices such ass the GX, XXS derailleur and the Rockshox Reverb AXS seatpost.

This means you will be able to adjust your dropper just by raising or lowering your wrist or change gears by twisting your wrist either left or right, all of this will be controlled by your Apple watch series 7.

And then I woke up and realized that today is the 1st of April

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go Cois:

https://www.takealot.com/garmin-venu-smart-watch-black-with-slate/PLID58971117

Does what you wanted and its a Garmin.

My wife has/had a Venu. She’s gone back to her Apple Watch.

It’s an ok watch and good Garmin quality. But just not a match to the Apple Watch outside of actual workout activity.

Either way you go, if you want to wear one watch the whole day you going to be compromising one end. Garmin excels at some things, Apple Watch at others.

I’m fortunate to have both a Fenix 6 and Apple Watch 6. So switch between the two on a daily basis.

My wife has/had a Venu. She’s gone back to her Apple Watch.

It’s an ok watch and good Garmin quality. But just not a match to the Apple Watch outside of actual workout activity.

Either way you go, if you want to wear one watch the whole day you going to be compromising one end. Garmin excels at some things, Apple Watch at others.

I’m fortunate to have both a Fenix 6 and Apple Watch 6. So switch between the two on a daily basis.

Please tell more ....

What functions do you use on the Apple that you dont have on the Garmin ?

I have heard on reviews that Garmin is a good sports watch, but lacks some of the smart watch functions ....never got details though

Please tell more ....

What functions do you use on the Apple that you dont have on the Garmin ?

I have heard on reviews that Garmin is a good sports watch, but lacks some of the smart watch functions ....never got details though

It’s not so much about “function” as both will tick most boxes. It’s more to “how” they handle the functions and the experience.

Garmin at it roots is a sports watch that they have bolted on smart functions. Apple Watch is a smart watch that they have bolted on sports activities. And it’s this foundation that makes the user experience different depending on weather you recording an activity or using it’s smart functions.

iOS integration with Apple is just seamless and I find my day to day use far superior that Garmin. Reading messages, responding, setting alarms, listening to music, just slick and seamless. But then I can’t stand the way it tries to record activities.

Reliability I cannot fault Garmin. I still have a Fenix 3 that my son uses daily and the battery still lasts over a week and connects to bike power/cadence etc. without issue. Same for my Fenix 6.

Dropped my Apple Watch 5 and cracked the screen. Insurance paid me out in Takealot vouchers. So I used them to buy a Fenix 6. So much happier with everything, except for swimming (especially open water). DC Rainmaker actually rates the Apple Watch as the best watch for open water swimming - far more accurate GPS than anything else, and pool swimming with the Apple Watch is also fantastic. Seriously considering getting an Apple Watch on Discovery just for swimming. Moving to Ireland shortly though, so will need to keep my Vitality (life insurance) alive to avoid paying for it.

Check out DC Rainmaker on YouTube. He has all sorts of comparisons between the Apple Watch and other watches. All depends on what YOU want from a smart/sports watch.

Was also surprised. Discovery Insure.

Discovery insurance paid out for a stolen bicycle using Makro vouchers. After a hellava fight, they paid the guy the cash.